Ten days workshop on “ADOLESCENT HEALTH – ROLE OF A NURSE” will be organized from 29TH NOVEMBER – 8TH DECEMBER, 2010 in National Institute of Nursing Education, PGIMER, Chandigarh funded by GOI, DGHS (Nursing Section), New Delhi for Development of Nursing Training of Nurses working in different hospital and educational Institutes in North India . The Topic are as under:-
1. Overview of adolescent health
2. Developmental characteristic of adolescents.
3. Adolescent sexual behavior and its health implications.
4. Health problems of adolescents.
5. Adolescence nutrition and its related concerns
6. Communication with adolescents.
7. Counseling and adolescents.
8. Sexual and reproductive health concerns among boys and girls during adolescence
9. HIV & AIDS
10. Pregnancy and unsafe abortions
11. Management of pregnancy and unsafe abortions among adolescents.
12. Working adolescents
13. Role of NGO,s.
14. Mental health issues:- learning disorder, relationship parenting, stress, suicide and violence
15. Adolescents and Abuse.
16. Adolescent’s health services.
17. Making adolescent friendly services.
Total 20 participants are participating in the workshop from Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh