The India Post, 30th September, 2008:The Manthan Award has been known for the 5th year of its existence to recognize the deep and impactfull linkages between Information Communication Technologies to the National development through the involvement of masses. Manthan Award is now a network of more than 1000 organization across 30 states of India and 7 of South Asian countries.The process of Manthan Award 2008, with the inclusion of South Asian countries, is closing and the final events are going to take place on October 16-18, 2008 in Delhi.
This is primarily the occasion where the best of ICT for development innovators and practitioners and the best of e-Content for Development practitioners and architects get together and hundreds of delegates gather to see the best of the world networking and deliberating and enjoying being recognized.
This year we have made the Manthan Award events grown to three days, and they are divided in following manner:
– Inaugural session with India’s best minds who would enlighten on the role of e-content and ICT in development of the nation.
– ICONECS [International Conference on e-Content & Sustainability]: Where selected and short listed Manthan Award nominees would make presentations of their innovations across topics like Health, e-business, rural enterprise, culture & entertainment, mobile content, community radio, education & learning, governance and environment & science.
– High Impact Policy driven Roundtable Discussions [1/2 Day each] on selected topics like:
o Content, Connectivity & Accessibility in Education
o ICT in Drinking Water & Sanitation
o Inclusive Governance through Digital Panchayat & Constituencies
o ICT in Health for Masses o Voices from the Ground: Community Radio
o ICT in Social Enterprises o World Summit Award e-Content Summit – India [15 Countries Participating]
– ICT Mela Connecting Masses: Where one could experience the content and ICT bazaar with special focus on masses connecting devices, content, technologies, initiatives including governments, corporate, NGOs, international organisations, and even individuals. Of course ICT Mela would be dominated by the nominees of the Manthan Award 2008, and the previous year awardees.
– Manthan Award Gala & Folk Musical Evening: Where one could experience the pure rural folk music followed by Award Gala where around 35 awards would be conferred for year 2008 by some of the most eminent people of the country and world.
The details of each of the agenda could be seen at www.manthanaward.org and I would like you to please register yourself through the link here: http://manthanaward.org/Delegates.asp
Please treat this as invitation from the Board of Directors & Jurors of the Manthan Award south Asia 2008.
Please note that the Manthan Award South Asia 2008 and its processes and events are being brought to you by Digital Empowerment Foundation, Center for e-Governance, DIT, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology and World Summit Award.
We are generously supported by more than 50 organization from across India and abroad.
The Manthan Award
For any further information/clarification contact:
Niyaz / Dev
Manthan Award South Asia 2008
Secretariat 12/17, Lower Ground Floor, Sarvapriya Vihar.
New Delhi – 110 016
Phone: +91 11 26532786/7
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org