Chandigarh : PGI Medical Technologists Association hold a protest candle march as a Wake–Up Call in support of their longstanding demands and grievances from PU Gate to Rally Ground, Sector 25, Chandigarh.
More than 100 PGI Staff participated in the candle march in support of demands of common interests. On 27.07.2018, a notice was served to PGI Administration in this regard.
On 18.7.2018 & 21.7.2018, DPGI assured to sort out few burning issues within 7 days. PGI MTA has compromised at every stage in the last 18 months and waited meticulously & patiently so that the congenial and cordial atmosphere of Institute is not spoiled yet PGI MTA decided to wait to for one week more to honour the words of DPGI. However, the assurances of Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGI proved to be false and baseless.
The PGI MTA has been protesting for implementation of following demands and grievances;
1. Implementation of Prof. Ashok Gupta Committee regarding 6th CPC Pay Anomaly Report for grant of GP Rs. 4600.
2. The proper pay fixation of pay scales of Rs. 5000-8000, 5500-9000 & 6500-10500 under Rule 7 as interpreted by Hon’ble CAT & High Court read with MHFW OM dated 09.08.2016.
3. Rectification / Modification of budget calculations of GP Rs. 4600 in reference to item No. 2 above, since both benefits will be applicable w.e.f. 1.1.2006.
4. Allotment of new Office Space to PGI MTA in view of fact that previous office building at Old Shopping Complex has been demolished by PGI Administration.
5. Illegal transfer of Sh. Ramesh Kumar Arora, T.A., who is due for retirement on 31.1.2019, by Prof. Neelam Varma, HOD, Haematology by way of victimization and as punishment for implementing patient friendly reforms at Sample Collection Centre, New OPD with your kind and prior approval.
6. Refusal to grant CPL to JLT by Prof. Neelam Varma, HOD, Haematology in an illegal, arbitrary and discriminatory manner.
7. Holding of DPC for ST / TA (Lab/X-rays/RT) under DOPT OM dated 15.06.2018 read with Hon’ble CAT Judgment dated 15.11.2012 and filling up of resultant vacancies in a time bound manner.
8. Issuance of promotion orders of Sh. Sandeep Bhatt, ST (X-rays) as T.A. from the date of eligibility or from the date of his junior, whichever is earlier.
9. Early implementation of Dr. Arvind Rajwanshi Committee Report on free medical facilities under rule 3 & 6 of CCS (MA) Rules, 1944.
10. Revision of pension and payment of arrears of pre-2016 retirees in terms of DOPT OM 6th July, 2017 read with OM dated 25th July, 2017.
11. Make probe of illegal promotion of Sh. Lalit Kumar Gupta as Lecturer against the direct recruitment post.
Prof. Neelam Varma, Head, Department of Haematology in an autocratic and illegal manner has been refusing Compensatory Leave to Medical Technologists for performing emergency duties on gazetted holidays and Sundays, therefore, PGI carried her effigy to Rally Ground, Sector 25, where it was consigned to flames amidst heavy slogans against her and PGI Administration by MTA to express its annoyance and anger for highhandedness and arbitrariness on her part.