Chandigarh : Chandigarh Golf Association launched the “CGA Juniors” programme with aim to support junior golfers from the tricity comprising Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula.
The objectives of this scheme are as under:-
A. To improve the competitive spirit among the young budding golfers and give due recognition to achievers.
B. To strive for overall development of junior golfers.
C. To help junior golfers financially and logistically while playing in India or abroad.
D. To prepare young golfers for Olympics in 2016.
3. To accomplish the above, CGA has decided to provide scholarships to junior golfers based on the Indian Golf Union rankings of the previous year. The scale of the scholarship per year is as under :-
Indian Golf Union ranking & scale of scholarship
Rank Category A Category B Category C Category D
1 Rs. 1 Lakh Rs. 1 Lakh Rs. 1 Lakh Rs. 1 Lakh
2. Rs. 75000/- Rs. 75000/- Rs. 75000/- Rs. 75000/-
3. Rs. 50000/- Rs. 50000/- Rs. 50000/- Rs. 50000/-
4. Rs. 25000/- Rs. 25000/- Rs. 25000/- Rs. 25000/-
4. All Junior Golfers below of 18 years (Boys and Girls) who qualify for the above scholarship will also comply with the following terms and conditions:-
i. Will always display CGA Juniors logo on T Shirts while playing on a golf competition and getting training at the National and Inter-national level in India and abroad.
ii. While interacting with the press/attending a press release will bring out the salient features and achievements of the CGA Juniors programme.
iii. This scholarship will only be made available covering the financial year (1st April to 31st March).
iv. Immediately on their arrival after the competition and training programme will submit the following financial documents:-
a. No advance will be paid for the event. The amount will be reimbursed after submission of bills of travel, boarding, lodging, Training fee, green fee etc.
b. While applying for the scholarship junior golfers are required to submit the invite/confirmation of participation in a tournament or training programme.
c. Copies of the scores and coaching report will be also submitted.
d. No expenditure reimbursed from any other organisation should be submitted.
e. Expenditure bills will be reimbursed in a year upto the scale of scholarship and no exception to this any individual case will be entertained.
f. The scale and validity of scholarship scheme will be reviewed by the executive committee of CGA every year.