4 june,Dr. Avnish Jolly:Pregnant women who use mobile phones likely to give birth to children with behavioural disorders, according to a study of more than 13,000 children. Even if they use the handsets just two or three times a day was enough to raise the risk of their babies developing hyperactivity and difficulties with conduct, emotions and relationships by the time they reached school age. The likelihood is even greater if the children themselves used the phones before the age of seven. The people who use cell phones on a regular basis are putting their health at risk along with the health of their children and those waiting to be born.
According to Russian Radiation Watchdog Body, the risk is not much lower than the risk to children’s health from tobacco or alcohol, yet while most people wouldn’t think of handing a pregnant woman or a child a cocktail and a cigarette, no one thinks twice in handing them a cell phone. Mothers who used mobile phones were 54 percent more likely to have children with behavioural problems. When the children also later used the phones themselves, they were:• 80 percent more likely to suffer from difficulties with behaviour
• 49 percent more prone to problems with conduct
• 35 percent more likely to be hyperactive
• 34 percent more likely to suffer from difficulties relating to their peers
• 25 percent more at risk from emotional problems
The results of the study took the top scientists who conducted it by surprise. The research will carry particular weight because one of its Professors, UCLA’s Leeka Kheifets, had previously been sceptical that mobile phones could pose a risk to health. The study provides some alarming findings of what could happen to next generations if the dangers of cell phones are not taken with priority.
The study above is far from being the first one showing that the electromagnetic radiation from cell phones poses a hazard to a developing foetus. Animal studies have shown that electromagnetic fields in that frequency range can affect their liver enzymes, glands, muscles, hormone balance, and heart and bone marrow. In fact, the cellular stresses caused by information-carrying radio waves can actually alter the DNA structure of both you and your child.
Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, autonomic nervous system expert has noted this radiation can easily flip certain genes in the mitochondria. If this gene sequence is altered in a pregnant woman, she can pass her damaged mitochondria on to the child. The child can then develop a mitochondrial disorder, which can include muscular atrophy and severe developmental problems and of course, in addition to harming your unborn baby, it is also causing the same damage to you.
Information-carrying radio waves — from cell phones, WiFi routers, land-based portable phones and other wireless devices — have increased dramatically and exponentially over the last few years.
The cell phone industry often makes the case that their products are not harmful because radio waves do not create enough thermal heat to pose a risk to biological tissue. However, the biological damage is not related to thermal heat damage. The modulated information-carrying radio waves resonate in biological frequencies of a few to a few hundred cycles per second, and can stimulate your vibrational cellular receptors, causing a whole cascade of pathological consequences that can culminate in fatigue, anxiety and ultimately cancers.
A lot of the damage is caused by the disruption of micro tubular connections that allow biophotons to communicate between cells, which decrease intracellular communication. Increased deposits of heavy metals also begin to accumulate in your cells, which increases intracellular production of free radicals, and can radically decrease cellular production of energy, thus making you incredibly fatigued.
It’s very important that you keep cell phones away from infants, babies, children and pregnant women now, as the damage may not start showing up for 10 years or more, and by then it will be too late.
I urge you to take the following precautions for your health, and the health of your family:
• Do not use a cell phone if you’re pregnant, and don’t allow your children to use them.
• Limit the amount of time you spend on a cell phone or cordless phone.
• Wireless BlueTooth headsets should be avoided.
• Limit your exposure to WiFi routers. Find out where they are located in your work environment and stay away from them.
• If you have any land-based (non-cellular) portable phones, do NOT use anything other than the 900 MHz phones, as the Gigahertz phones stay on continuously, blasting you with information-carrying radio waves 24/7.
• Use the speakerphone instead of putting the phone to your ear; this is probably one of the single most important steps you can take other than not using your cell phone.
• Limit calls inside buildings.
• Use your cell phone only where the reception is good. When the reception is poor, your phone has to work harder, and therefore emits a much stronger radiation signal.