CHANDIGARH-July 15, 2009: To facilitate the candidates/students taking examination as private candidate and also for revaluation candidates, a separate account has been opened under the Power Jyoti Module of State Bank of India, Sector 14, Chandigarh. Under this scheme, a private/revaluation candidate can deposit the fee at any of the branch of the State Bank of India. The detail of modalities/steps to be followed by candidates are given below:-
1. The prospective candidate shall download the prescribed form as Private candidate/revaluation from the website of the University. The detailed instruction regarding fee and other information is also available on the website.
2. The candidate shall also download the form of pay in slip of State Bank of India under Power Jyoti Module of SBI from the website of the University.
3. The candidate shall fill in all column of the pay in slip (triplicate) and shall deposit the required fee along with bank charges in any of the nearest branch of State Bank of India.
4. After deposit of the fee, one copy of the pay in slip shall be retained by the banker and balance two copies shall be handed over to the candidate.
5. The candidate shall ensure that bank has mentioned proper Journal No. on the Pay slip of the candidate. This Journal No. shall be mentioned by the candidate in payment detail column of the form.
The candidate shall then attach one copy of the same with the form and forward it to the University.
By adopting this system, a number of private/revaluation candidates shall be facilitated who has to visit the University from far off places to deposit fee/purchase of forms. Now the candidate can download the form and pay in slips from any internet terminal and deposit the fee in the nearest SBI bank. It will save lot of time and energy of the candidates.
The copy of the pay-in-slip is attached herewith. It may be uploaded on the University website along with above instructions for the information of candidates prominently according to the Finance & Development Officer.