Special Peren District Planning & Development Board meeting was held on 29th August 2008 at DC’s conference hall under the chairmanship of Chairman, DPDB, Peren, T.R. Zeliang. The Chairman presented the LADP Schemes 2008-09 in respect of 6 Tenning and 7 Peren Assembly Constituencies of the district. After lengthy deliberation the board recommended all the schemes for approval of the government. The meeting also constituted verification committees for both the assembly constituencies for implementation of LADP schemes 2008-09 besides LADP 2008-09. The board also recommended the following cases.
1. Opening of new GPS school in four newly recognized villages.
2. Posting of DPRO to Peren, upgradation of Information Centre Tenning to that of SDIO, posting of SDIO to Jalukie sub-division, creation of Information Centre, Nsong EAC Hq., Athibung EAC Hq. and Ngwalwa EAC Hq.
3. Grant of financial help for repairing of the Tahai river, minor irrigation project under DRDA Peren and relief to the affected farmer through natural calamity fund.
4. Full fledged Town Council for Tenning.
5. The board constituted two committees to verify the areas affected by rodents under Peren district. The Chairman and Deputy Chairman DPDB Peren contributed Rs. 50,000/- to meet immediate expenditure of the committees.
In conclusion the Chairman pointed out certain formalities to be followed by government departments for acquiring land for construction of offices in the district. He also warned that if any responsible head of office fails to attend DPDB meetings, necessary action will be initiated against them henceforth.