22 Oct : The State government has initiated and launched Rural Youth Development Programme in order to preserve the cultural heritage, traditional handicrafts and generate productive employment in the rural areas.
The aims and objectives of the Rural Yo uth Development programme are:
1. Manufacture of cultural customs and crafts of different materials.
2. Organising of cultural programmes both within and outside the village.
3. Sponsoring of players of the village to participate in games and sports in sub-divisional, districts, state, regional, national and international level.
4. To finance the students going outside the state for higher education from the village.
5. Offer scholarships to merit students from the village.
The ‘Placement Bureau’ for guiding and setting with information on various formal employment opportunities available to youth to motivate to develop useful and favorable attendance identified as one of the important areas of functioning of the Department of Youth Resources.
The main objectives of the Bureau are as follows:
1. To enrich Youth Resources motivating and guiding the youth to develop and refine their skills
2. To guide and motivate the youth to develop attitude which are congenial for healthy development in society.
3. To make the youth instrumental in bringing about social and economic progress by motivating, guiding and providing information to the youth for more effective employment of the scheme and qualities.