Kohima,27 May: The Longleng District Planning & Development Board meeting was held on 6th May 2008 at DC’s conference hall. The meeting was chaired by S. Pangnyu Phom Parliamentary Secretary & Chairman DPDB.
At the very outset Deputy Commissioner & Vice Chairman, Wepretso Mero welcomed Parliamentary Secretary for RD & REPA, S. Pangnyu Phom and Parliamentary Secretary for Transport & Communication and Mechanical Engineering, Dako Phom and members present.
Both the Parliamentary Secretaries exhorted the officers present to extend co-operation and guidance to the people of the district so that departmental schemes and works are implemented in a proper way.
The following agendas were discussed and recommended
1. Upgradation of Government Higher Secondary School in Longleng district Hq. and Tamlu sub-division.
2. Water supply problem in Longleng town for which the Board decided to take up the matter with higher authority.
3. Construction of DIS office at Longleng town and Government High School Bura Nemsang.
4. Repairing of Dikhu river bridge and its handing over to Longleng division from Changtongya.
5. Purchase of a site for new common cemetery for which Rupees 10 (ten) lakhs was recommended.
6. Posting of separate EAC at Yongnyah and Sakshi outposts.
7. Creation and posting of officers and staffs in various departments – offices of District Education Officer, District Employment Officer, District Cultural Officer, District Fishery Officer, SDO (power), Superintendent of Excise, Superintendent of Taxes, Assistant Jailer/Jailer, Fire Service department, SDAO Agri at Tamlu town and Land Records & Survey Officer
8. Upgradation of department offices – SDO (PHED) to that of EE post, SDIO to that of DPRO (IPR), JE to that of SDO PWD (Housing), FM to that of GM (DIC) Industries & Commerce, Inspector to that of Superintendent of F&CS and SRCS to that of ARCS (Co-operation Department)