18 August : INDIAN GOVERNMENT (BMC) has planned to modernise Deonar slaughter house (MUMBAI, INDIA.) by spending approxly 125-250 CR Rupees, which will result to 36 LACS animals per year will be used for BEEF PURPOSE not for indian actual need but for the need for other country..!!! !
History Of Devnar:-
* In 1971 Slaughter house shifted from Bandra to Devnar
* Object: To Provide hygienic meat for people of Mumbai only
* Only physically unfit animals were used to killed with Valid certification from Doctors
* It was decided by BMC that meat will not exported from Devnar
* In 1983 again BMC has decided to stop export of meat from devnar
* Daily 4000 Animals Get Killed
* 1200 workers are working in it
* 32 Doctors are appointed for certification.
* Certificate are given on weight age of Vitamin "M"
* 50% of Meat gets exported to Arabian Countries
* Used 17 Lacs Ltr. Water daily for slaughter
* Animals captured from Gujarat, Rajasthan, M.P., Maharashtra, U.P. Killed in Mumbai
* Meat Exported to Gulf Countries.
* 10 crore Animals are killed till date.
* Total Animal Wealth of Rs.8000 Crore had been washed out.
* Total loss of around 200 crore to corporation for maintenance of Devnar
* Rs.20 was paid by tax payer to kill animal in devnar from their tax.
now we are presenting some of very real pictures of slaughter house, which shows you how these people killls our national assets…
This is the ‘knocker’, whose job is to administer the stun bolt to the cow’s brain.
Severed cows’ legs
A cow being stunned.Shackled cows on the assembly line.
This person is the ‘sticker’. His job is to slit the throats of the cows as they pass by on the assmebly line. We Request you all people to oppose for the above decision taken by BMC