This is a tragedy that half of the Udhampur constituency has no road connection, no electricity, no drinking water, no doctors and no medicines. Where the people have to seek psychological relief by taking the help of magic masters etc. superstition is still the rule of law. I found the situation is much worse than it was five-year back when to told these areas extensively during the Parliamentary election in 2008. Some of the following places I would like to mention to remind the rulers of Kashmir and Delhi:
1. Mahu-Mangat: With the population of 14000/- it has no road connection. It lies at a distance of 12 KM from the road side in Banihal Tehsil. There is no ration available, no medicine, there is no doctor in medical first aid centre. There is no 10+2 school. Where people live a life of cattle.
2. Neel-Top, Sargali, Sharbadahar, Malinsar, Hansraj Top: A most attractive place for international tourism except Neel Top there is no road connection at all. The places have remain most neglected.
3. Pogal-Paristhan: A most romantic and attractive for International tourism. No lady doctor, no teachers in the school. So called MG.NERAGA is unknown to the people in these areas of Banihal Tehsil.
4. Gool: This area falls in Ramban District whereas it is attached with Arnas area which falls in a separate District of Reasi. The topography even in cultural outlook is different. Gool could be highly useful for international tourism but it is cutoff even from its district headquarters.
5. Rajgarh: This area falls in Ramban constituency, in district Ramban. No proper road connectivity, its five Halqa Panchayats which are a part of Ramban have been cutoff an attached with Doda district having no road connection with Doda. Again no drinking water, no electricity, no teachers in the school, and no doctor. This is worthwhile to mention that the people in these hilly areas have never seen a lady doctor, even a doctor where compounders and class IV employees act as doctors. Where people die for want of medicines.
6. Dessa in Doda District is one of the most neglected areas having no road connection, no medical aid centre and schools are without teachers.
7. Paddar: Paddar is on the map of world and its history was written by Zorawar Singh and his couple of Dogra soldiers between 1836 and 1842. Michel has got an international attraction because of famous Michel temple and other places. Michel is not connected by road. The religious tourists in thousands have to walk 25 km. The government has deliberately neglected this area for 64 years. This is the place where there lies the famous most sapphire mines. The sapphire mines have been robbed by the rulers of Jammu and Kashmir. The most valuable wealth of Paddar sapphire has been exploited and robbed by the ruling politicians.
8. Marwah-Dachhan: This is again in Kishtwar district. Nearly 70 km to the south of Kishtwar. The most shocking that there is no road connectivity. The people live in stone age. Where 90% population have not born shoes. Where the people covered their feet by gross chapels. Where people live on Sattoo and bazras for six months. The schools have no teachers, even police station has couple of SPOs without a senior police officer. Wadwan is another corner in the region bordering with the district of Anantnag. Its connected through Pony track. Where the votes are polled by the Presiding Officer and of course rigged in favour of ruling candidates. This is a tragedy that district of Kishtwar is have been one Assembly constituency comprising of Kishtwar, Paddar and Marwah-Dachhan. Delimitation is the only way out to respect the vote value of the place.
9. Gandon: Gandon is part of Bhadarwah constituency having no road connection with Bhadarwah. During militancy half of Gandon migrated to Chamba. It was me with NPP activists who managed to bring the terrorist hit people Kaljugasar (Gandon) back to their homes in 1993. No electricity, no water, school without teachers and dispensaries without any medical care. The road is workable for four months in a year. It is worth place of the Congress candidate from Udhampur.
10. Kailash: Kailash Yatra is famous like other religious yatras in Jammu and Kashmir. There is no road connectivity with Kailash. The Kailash hills are about 20 km away from Billawar Tehsil but there is no connectivity between Billawar and Bhadarwah.
11. Jathana: Jathana is small island in Tehsil Kathua where as this has been attached with Billawar constituency. A clear example of discrimination with the people of Jammu Pradesh. This place is facing a tragic situation surrounded by the mad run rivers on one side and hills on the other. There are three Panchayats having just one high school. During rains the entire area remains cutoff from the rest of the world. This is an example of discrimination with the people of Jammu Pradesh.
12. Border areas: Udhampur parliamentary constituency is bordering with International border in Hiranagar and Kathua. The people on the IB have been living on the mercy of Pakistan in the most insecured situation. Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, S. Manmohan Singh and Mufti Mohd. Syed at signed CMP in 2002 with me (Bhim Singh) to allot at least 10 marlas of land to the people living along with border so that they may build their small houses to seek protection during the shelling from Pakistan. The Pakistani refugees are highly insecured because of the resettlement act which provides return of those who migrated voluntarily to Pakistan in 1947. They have not been given any civil or political right till date in 64 years in spite of the facts that they were provided some pieces of agriculture land left by the migrants in 1948. They have been living the most uncertained and insecured life with their children having no identity of their own.