Jammu, Oct.19: Sangarsh- A movement for Justice, Equality, Peace, Prosperity and Brotherhood has shown its anguish over the treatment of authority regarding the issues raised by the movement for the last few months.
Sangarshi’s claimed that it was their efforts that authority was bound to implement few points of their memorandum but are still on the standstill position on many of the points of the memorandum submitted to Vice Chancellor, University of Jammu.
The points raised by the movement for redressal in their memorandum includes:-
1) White paper on the functioning, sources of income and expenditure of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
2) White paper on construction, activities, maintenance and parameters for rent of Gen. Zorawar Singh Auditorium.
3) Parameters of different appointments that took place in JU for the last few years and assurance of no further backdoor appointments i.e. the appointments without notification and without interview.
4) Parameters of different extensions that took place in JU for the last few years.
5) Polarization of students, scholars and the members of teaching faculty and favoritism in promotions, extensions and appointments.
6) Public money spent in the name of foreign collaboration and the outcome of it.
7) Implementation of full fledge Academic Calendar which includes the fixed calendar for the activities of DSW , Directorate of Physical Education, Professional Colleges, Degree Colleges, B.Ed colleges, Directorate of Distance Education and for the regular students of JU and the reasons why the calendar was not introduced and implemented for the last six years.
8) Academic Disorder(Admissions/Exams/Results)
9) Defunct nature of different centers and their revival.
10) Defunct nature of N.S.S. and its revival.
11) Working in Bhadarwah Campus:-
a) Employees (Verification) b) Purchasing Committee
c) Construction criteria of campus.
12) Reasons for the police complain for the one of the activists of Sangarsh and other incidents of indiscipline.
13) One man one post formula should be implemented.
14) Research Activities (admissions/registration, duration of research course)
15) Hostels (Harassment of students, allotment criteria, construction)
Sangarshi’s lambasted the Registrar, University of Jammu for his non seriousness in handling the issues and in making the final touch of settlement of issues with the panel of Sangarsh movement. Sangarshi’s threatened to submit this memorandum to the Chancellor, University of Jammu Sh. N.N. Vohra, Hon’ble Governor of the state sticking on their demand of Judicial probe if their 15 points are not accepted and the final settlement were not sort out with the panel within seven days. "Working on the progressive line of action we restraint ourselves for holding any protest or demonstration on the assurance of Vice Chancellor, University of Jammu that the points of our memorandum would be accepted and the final settlement on issues raised by the movement shall reach the logical conclusion as early as possible but after more than one month we are forced to rethink and revive the further course of action including meeting with the Governor as earliest", spokesman added.
The prominent among the core group who were present in the meeting at its headquarter include Mr. Ranjeet Sharma, Mr. Vikrant Sharma, Mr. Krishan Dev Singh, Mr. Suresh Sharma, Mr. Ashok Singh, Ms. Taniya Akhtar, Mr. Vishal Pathania, Mr. Neeraj Sharma, Mr. Sadakat Malik, Mr. Ahsan Mirza, Mr. Akhmat Choudhary, Mr. Amit Sharma, Mr. Munish Mahajan, Mr. Ramit Gupta, Mr. Bilal Ahmed, Mr. Naveen Sharma, Mr. Munish Gupta, Ms. Palavi Gandotra, Ms. Neena Sharma, Ms. Shazia Kouser and Ms. Baljeet Kour.