5 Sep :Sangarsh- A movement for Justice, Equality, Peace, Prosperity and Brotherhood on the invitatation of Vice Chancellor today held a meeting with the vice chancellor in the presence of Pro. G.S Sambyal, Registrar, University of Jammu in the office of Vice Chancellor. In which four members panel of Sangarsh movement including Mr. Ranjeet Sharma, Mr.Vikrant Sharma, Mr.Suresh Kumar and Mr. Ashok Singh presented the their 15 points agenda whose points includes:
1) White paper on the functioning ,sources of income and expenditure of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
2) White paper on construction, activities, maintenance and parameters for rent of Gen. Zorawar Singh Auditorium.
3) Parameters of different appointments that took place in JU for the last few years and assurance of no further backdoor appointments i.e. the appointments without notification and without interview.
4) Parameters of different extensions that took place in JU for the last few years.
5) Polarization of students, scholars and the members of teaching faculty and favoritism in promotions, extensions and appointments.
6) Public money spent in the name of foreign collaboration and the outcome of it.
7) Implementation of full fledge Academic Calendar which includes the fixed calendar for the activities of DSW , Directorate of Physical Education, Professional Colleges, Degree Colleges, B.Ed. colleges, Directorate of Distance Education and for the regular students of JU and the reasons why the calendar was not introduced and implemented for the last six years.
8) Academic Disorder(Admissions/Exams/Results)
9) Defunct nature of different centers and their revival.
10) Defunct nature of N.S.S. and its revival.
11) Working in Bhadarwah Campus:-
a) Employees (Verification) b) Purchasing Committee
c) Construction criteria of campus.
12) Reasons for the police complain for the one of the activists of Sangarsh and other incidents of indiscipline.
13) One man one post formula should be implemented.
14) Research Activities.
15) Hostels(Harassment of students, construction)
Vice Chancellor gave a patience hearing to the panel and assured for the redressal of the issues and directed the Registrar, JU for comprehensive meetings. As per the assurance of the Registrar next meeting is likely to be held after the syndicate meeting that is going to be held on 08/9/2008.