26 Dec : Dear readers we are publishing important events of Himachal Pradesh of the year 2009.
January 01, 2009
• Rs. 353 crore Pandit Deen Dayal Kisan Bagwan Samridhi Yojna launched.
• Planning Commission of India approves Rs. 715 crore Pabbar River gravitational Water Supply Scheme for Shimla town through External Aided Projects ( EAP) funding.
January 02, 2009
• Cabinet decides to repeal Himachal Pradesh Sports (Registration, Recognition and Regulation of Associations) Act, 2005, in order to maintain the autonomy of the Associations in the State.
January 06, 2009
• Chief Minister urged Centre to sanction a battalion of National Security Guards and 6th India Reserve Battalion for the State.
January 07, 2009
• 10 anti hail guns to be set up in the state.
January 14, 2009
• Pragpur Lohri Festival declared as State-level Festival.
January 15, 2009
• Annual plan of Rs. 2700 crore for financial year 2009-10 proposed to the Planning Commission of India.
January 21, 2009
• Foundation stone of 13th National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in the country laid at Chheb near Kangra.
January 25, 2009
• 39th Statehood day celebrated at Dehra in district Kangra.
• Chief Minister announces 10 percent Interim Relief (I.R) for State Govt. Employees and Pensioners.
• 10 percent enhancement in daily wages and part time wages announced.
• Social Security Pension enhanced by 10 per cent i.e from Rs.300 to Rs.330 per month from January this year.
• Financial assistance under Matri Shakti Bima Yojna enhanced by hundred percent.
January 28, 2009
• Cabinet decides to open 23 B.Sc, Nursing and General Nursing Midwifery (GNM) colleges to be setup in private sector with intake capacity of 400 in B.Sc. Nursing and 960 in GNM Courses.
January 29, 2009
• Electronic Gazette (e-Gazette) Project and HIMPOL Web Portal of Himachal Pradesh chosen for National Award on e-governance.
February 04, 2009
• Foundation stone of Rs.39.23 crore Drinking Water Supply Scheme laid at Village Much Kund Mahadev of Beehan Panchyat of Pragpur Block in district Kangra.
February 05, 2009
• Foundation stone of Food Craft Institute complex at Khaniara, near Dharamshala, in district Kangra to be constructed at a cost of Rs. 4.75 crore laid.
February 10, 2009
• Chief Minister announced opening of Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) office at Bangana in Una district.
February 21, 2009
• Foundation stone of Steel Authority of India Steel Processing Plant at Kandrori, in district Kangra laid.
• Foundation stone of the Panchayati Raj Training Institute at Baijnath in district Kangra to be constructed at a cost of Rs. 4.38 crore laid.
February 22, 2009
• Foundation stone of Maharishi Markandeshwar University in private sector laid at Village Ladvi near Kumarhati in district Solan.
February 23, 2009
• Foundation stone of Rs. 1000 crore ESI Medical College and Hospital at Ner Chowk in district Mandi laid.
February 24, 2009
• State adjudged ‘First’ in implementation of Disability Act.
• Foundation stone of Rs. 1000 crore IIT at kamand in district Mandi laid.
February 26, 2009
• Planning Commission approved Annual Plan of Rs. 2700 crore for Himachal Pradesh.
May 16, 2009
• Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) won three out of four Parliamentary seats in the General Elections to Lok Sabha. Sh.Anurag Thakur of BJP from Hamirpur Parliamentary Constituency, Sh.Virender Kashyap of BJP from Shimla Parliamentary Constituency, Sh. Rjan Sushant of BJP from Kangra Parliamentary Constituency and Sh. Virbhadra Singh of Indian National Congress from Mandi Parliamentary Constituency won lok sabha elections.
May 29, 2009
• State Government approved Health insurance cover to all the BPL families in the state.
• Community led Assessment, awareness, Advocacy and Action Programme (CLAP) for Environment Protection and Carbon Neutrality approved.
June 05, 2009
• HIM-XGN (Extended Green Node), Ban use of all Polythene bags and Community led Assessment Awareness Advocacy and Action Programme (CLAP) schemes launched.
June 12, 2009
• Four-day-long Destination Himachal: Shimla Mega Mart Conclave on Unforgettable Himachal: Opportunities Unlimited an international event begins at Shimla.
June 15, 2009
• Land locked area of Dodra-Kwar of district Shimla connected with rest of the world by inaugurating Larot-Kwar road by the Chief Minister Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal.
June 18, 2009
• Cabinet decides to introduce Crop Insurance Scheme for Apple and Mango on pilot basis.
June 25, 2009
• Chief Minister dedicates Gaiety Theatre to the people after restoration.
June 27, 2009
• Creation of separate Excise Revenue District in Baddi, district Solan approved.
• Constitution of Himachal Pradesh State Water Management Board approved by the Cabinet.
• Cabinet decides to reintroduce ‘Prashashan Janta Ke Dwar’ programme.
June 29, 2009
• Himachal Pradesh became the first State to make village level basic statistics and market prices of essential commodities available on internet.
July 04, 2009
• Government decides to procure Grafted Mango at rate of Rs.5.25 under Market Intervention Scheme.
July 09, 2009
• Sh. Jai Ram Thakur and Sh.Mahender Singh were sworn in as Cabinet Ministers.
• Sh. Satpal Satti, Sh.Virender Kanwar and Sh. Sukh Ram Chaudhary sworn in as Chief Parliamentary Secretaries.
July 10, 2009
• Government decides to introduce “Radio Taxi” service in major tourist towns.
July 15, 2009
• ‘Beti Anmol Hai’ campaign launched.
July 16, 2009
• Foundation stone of the Eternal University in private sector at Baru Saheb in Rajgarh Sub Division of district Sirmaur laid.
July 19, 2009
• Himachal Pradesh won the Best State CNBC Awaaz Travel Award for the year 2009.
July 29, 2009
• Rs. 235 crore Swan Channelization Phase-II approved.
August 02, 2009
• ‘Sanjha Van-Sanjeevani Van’, Apna Van- Apna Dhan and ‘Peepal-Bargad’, three ambitious plantation schemes launched.
August 05, 2009
• National Institute of Fashion Technology near Chheb at Kangra inaugurated.
August 08, 2009
• Revival of Deodar Afforestation Project for Shimla town launched.
August 12, 2009
• Maharishi Valmiki Sampooran Swachhta Puruskar Scheme launched for Open Defecation Free (ODF) panchayats.
August 15, 2009
• 63rd Independence Day function organised at Fatehpur in district Kangra.
• Chief Minister announces implementation of 5th Pay Commission recommendations based upon the Punjab pattern to the employees of the State.
• Six percent Dearness Allowance instalment released w.e.f. from January, 2009.
• UGC pay scales to all eligible college and university teachers from September 1, 2009 announced.
• ‘Samman Rashi’ of veteran freedom fighters enhanced from existing Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,000 per month and ‘Samman Rashi’ being paid to the widows and unmarried daughters of Freedom Fighters enhanced to Rs. 3,000 per month.
• Daily allowance of the Home Guards enhanced from existing Rs. 150 to Rs. 170.
• Monthly honorarium of Gram Panchayat Chowkidars enhanced from Rs. 800 to Rs. 1,000.
• Three double lane tunnels- Uttrala-Holi to connect district Chamba with district Kangra; Bangana-Dhaneta and Ghatasani-Telang in district Kullu to be constructed at a cost of Rs. 270 crore.
August 16, 2009
• Second phase of Pt. Deen Dayal Kisan Baagwan Samridhi Yojna launched. Rs. 198 crore to be spent in this phase to bring 20,000 hectare area under irrigation.
August 29, 2009
• State Planning Board re-constituted with Chief Minister as Chairman.
September 07, 2009
• Applicants of Below Poverty line, Other Backward Classes and Scheduled Caste families exempted from charging any fee for getting information under RTI Act.
September 14, 2009
• Himachal bags Seven Awards in India Today Conclave.
• Adjudged as the Fastest Mover State in overall performance, Fastest Mover State in Macro Economy for the period of 2003-09; Fastest Mover State for the year 2003-09 in investment. Also ranked highest among the Best Big States in education, health and investment and macro economy.
September 16, 2009
• Government approves setting up of an Information Technology Park-cum-Township at Waknaghat village, District Solan. To be spread over an area of 64.73 acres park will be set up at an estimated cost of Rs. 462 crores.
September 18, 2009
• Agriculture loan recovery under ‘Taccavi Loan’ and ‘Loan for Soil Conservation/ Land Development’ pertaining to the year 1950 and 1960, from 43,485 small and marginal farmers of the State, amounting to Rs. 4,95,89,019 waived off.
• Cabinet decides to introduce Emergency Medical Response and Transportation (EMR&T) system in the State.
September 25, 2009
• Rs. 300 crore NABARD funded ‘Operation Doodh Ganga’ Project launched to make Himachal Pradesh self sufficient in milk production.
September 27, 2009
• Shimla Heritage Tourism Scheme ‘ Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai’ and ‘Shimla Ki Kahani Itihas ki Jubani’ launched.
September 30, 2009
• Government decides to convert the services of all the part-time workers completing 10 years of continuous part-time service on March 31, 2009 into daily wagers.
October 01, 2009
• SMS Gateway Services launched in the stste.
• Separate tourist circuit sanctioned for Jubbal-Kotkhai.
• Rs. 137.82 crore sanctioned for the state under Integrated Watershed Management Programme. 91885-hectare rain fed area to be treated in the first phase.
October 06, 2009
• Fleet of buses flagged off under Jawahar Lal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission in Shimla.
October 09, 2009
• Himachal gets Diamond state award for Women Empowerment and Employment Generation.
October 12, 2009
• Pensionary benefits to all pensioners/family pensioner employees w.e.f 1st January, 2006, on the analogy of the revised Pension Rules of the Government of India approved. Decision benefits 97,300 pensioners and 15,200 family pensioners in the State.
October 15, 2009
• Alwas Killar-Shimla bus via Saach Pass (14500 ft.) flagged off from killar.
October 22, 2009
• Raising of 6th India Reserve Battalion in district Sirmour approved.
October 29, 2009
• Two day long Himalayan Chief Ministers Conclave on Indian Himalayas: Glaciers, Climate and livelihoods begins at Shimla.
November 09, 2009
• Health Insurance Scheme for Handloom Weavers under Handloom Weaver Comprehensive Welfare Scheme revised.
November 10, 2009
• Sh. Khushi Ram Balnatah of BJP elected from Rohru assembly constituency and Sh. Sujan Singh Pathania of INC from Jawali assembly constituency in bye-elections.
November 13, 2009
• Japan Government approved Rs. 270 crore organic fertilizer project for funding
November 19, 2009
• Three-day long National Conference on Forestry Solutions – Strategies for Mitigation and Adaptation of the Impacts of Climate Change in Western Himalayas Mountain States begins at Shimla.
November 23, 2009
• Financial benefits to the contractual employees in line with the revised pay scales approved.
• Government approves setting up of Bio-Technology Park on PPP Model at Aduwal (near Nalagarh) in district Solan, at an estimated cost of Rs. 200 crore. To generate employment to approximately 500 persons.
• Janshree Bima Yojna started for Anganwari workers and helpers.
November 27, 2009
• Foundation stone of Rs. 746 crore 100 MW Sainj HEP, laid, First venture of the HP Power Corporation Limited.
December 02, 2009
• Chief Minister, Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal became the first Chief Minister to visit the far-flung and remote area Dharogra an interior area of Sunni tehsil of Shimla district.
December 04, 2009
• Government approves setting up of Himachal Pradesh Technical University at Hamirpur.
December 07, 2009
• Foundation stone of the Rs. 70 crore complex of 4th India Reserve Battalion laid at Jungle Beri, in district Hamirpur.
December 19, 2009
• Foundation stone of ‘The Pavilion’ Residential Complex for cricketers laid at Kandi near Dhaamshala. To be constructed at a cost of Rs. 35 crore by the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association.
December 21, 2009
• Week long ‘Polythene Hatao–Paryavaran Bachao Abhiyan’ launched.
December 25, 2009
• Chief Minister inaugurated Cricket Stadium at Amtar in district Hamirpur. Built by Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association at a cost of Rs.5 crore.