15 Aug : PM talks up nation’s mood – strikes a note of optimism;
* Working for a new, inclusive India.
* Invites alienated and dissatisfied groups in J&K and North East to experience the potential of Indian democracy to accommodate divergent views and aspirations.
* Tells Pakistan we wish them well, want a strong, stable and united Pakistan. But Islamabad has to move on terror.
* Government committed to the aam aadmi; working for food safety and social security net.
* Farmers never had it so good; record minimum support price paid.
* Inflation will come down.
* Time for consolidation and fine tuning of Bharat Nirman flagship programmes.
* Asks for a Clean India campaign.
* Cautions against harsh words and offensive language in public life.
* India’s future is bright; time for self confidence.
* No new programmes; focus on making a success of existing programmes.