Hridaya & Krit’s parents wanted their children to go to school. Both children joined same school, While Hridaya arrives at school as a relaxed child Krit is a bundle of anxiety & fear & confusion because he was just delivered to school after a roller coaster schedule of waking up, following his daily coming routine .
If you want your child to arrive at & attend the school then don’t just deliver him to school do the following prior to sending , that your child is relaxed happy and looks forward to his day in school.
1. See to it that your child sleeps well in time at night & is able to have a minimum of eight-hour sleep.
2. Wake up your child well in time. The child should wake up without feeling rushed & should not feel like having to meet deadlines.
3. The routine of cleanliness i.e. brushing, toileting, bathing, clothing & breakfasting should be followed & followed thoroughly.
4. The child should be made to sit on toilet seat for sufficient time to enable him to have his bladder & bowls cleared.
5. The child should be given bath & clean clothes to wear in order to enable him to feel fresh before leaving for school.
6. The child should have his breakfast before leaving for school.
7. The child should have 10 minutes in hand before he leaves for bus stop without experiencing any anxiety of the possibility of missing the school transport.
8. Talk to the child about what lays ahead in those precious minutes, before he enters the school, mentally preparing him for the time he is going to spend in school. Gear him up for the day . Tell him you need to have a feedback too when he gets back from school.
(submited by a parent written by Poonam Sethi ,Ex – Head Mistress at Shemrock pride at Hargobind Enclave)