Chandigarh,14,June:In order to inculcate the confidence, provide the remedial teaching i.e. additional support in the academics and search out the hidden abilities of the differently abled children “SUMMER CAMP”
was organized from 27.05.08 to 12.06.08 in 4 Special Resource Centers situated in GMSSS-8, GSSS-15, GSSS-45, GSSS-38(W) by SSA UT Chandigarh, in which approximately 120 differently abled children participated. During these camps following activities are being undertaken:
* Academic support in the form of Remedial teaching as per the needs of the children.
* Exercise and Yoga.
* Various sports activities.
* Nursery rhyme recitation.
* Developing creativity through drawing and crafts work.
* Teaching daily life skills to mentally challenged.
* Braille and mobility training to visually impaired.
* Computer training to the children in GSSS-15 camp.
The parents welcome the step of summer camps conducted by SSA UT Chandigarh as during these days children were able to learn a lot due to the facilities available in the resource center and extra support along with extra time by the resource teachers. As a result of these camps children were able to utilize the time fruitfully instead of roaming around.