21 Sep : Ten days workshop on “ROLE OF NURSE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF CRITICALLY ILL PATIENTS” will be organized from 20TH – 29TH SEPTEMBER, 2010 in National Institute of Nursing Education, PGIMER, Chandigarh funded by GOI, DGHS (Nursing Section), New Delhi for Development of Nursing Training of Nurses working in different hospital and educational Institutes in North India. The Topic are as under:-
* Physical set up, objectives and policies of ICU, maintenance of temperature and humidity in ICU.
* Sources of infection and its prevention.
o Barrier nursing
* Bio medical waste management.
* Drugs commonly used in ICU.
* Fluid and electrolyte imbalance and its correction.
* Oxygen therapy and ABG analysis.
* ET tube insertion and suctioning.
* Mechanical ventilation.
* Care of the patient on ventilator.
* CVP monitoring.
* CPR – BLS, ACLS, resuscitation equipment.
* Equipment used in ICU.
o Infusion pump
o Pulse oximeter
o Boyle’s apparatus
o Cardiac Monitor
* Nutritional management of the critically ill patient.
* Communication and IPR.
* Legal and ethical aspects and its importance.
* Burn out in the nursing personnel working in ICU/ stress reduction.
* Material Management.