Chandigarh: Sanjay Pahwa: With the arrest of Bablu aged 22 years r/o ViU. Burial, UT Chandigarh a team of PS-31 headed by lnsp. Bakhshish Singh SHO/PS-31 has success in busting a desperate gang of robbers who have created their terror in city.
During preliminarily interrogation, Bablu, involvement of his gang in bout half a dozen robbery cases committed in recent pasts in different parts of the city is detected. Modus operandi of this gang is robbing their target by throwing chilli powder in the eyes. They have also used knife to terrorise their target in few of the cases. With his arrest following cases have been solved.
1. Case FIR No- 130 dated 30.07.10 U/S 392 IPC, Police Station-31 Chandigarh.
2. Case FIR No- 200 dated 26.11.10 U/s 392, 411, 34 IPC, Police Sttion-31 Chandigarh.
3. Case FIR No- 216 dated 05.12.10 U/S 392 34 IPC, Police Station-31 Chandigarh.
4. Case FIR No- 226 dated 12.12.10 U/S 392 34 IPC, Police Station-31 Chandigarh.
5. Case FIR No- 235 dated 20.11.10 U/S 382 34 IPC, Police Station-ld Area Chandigarh.
Two days Police custody remand of accused is obtained from the court. Sincere efforts are being made to arrest the other associates at the earliest. Solving of other such crime is also expected form this gang. Further investigation is on progress.