By Sanjay Pahwa : Ravinder Pal Singh,Mayor, MC,Chandigarh highlighted his achievements during a pres confrence at Hotel Shivalik View, sector 17, Chd. The city of Chandigarh is quite fortunate in the sense that it is a planned city, and hence, the initial provision of the infrastructure is of a very high standard. The expectations of the citizens, in respect of the afore-mentioned basic services, is therefore, naturally very high and the maintenance of the level of services in the face of increasing population pressure, specially in the Slum settlements is quite a challenging task. It also, however, needs to be mentioned that the awareness among the citizens and the welfare associations is extremely good and this has helped M.C. in identifying the problem areas at the earliest.
Worked in the following areas in 2011:
Development works of approx. Rs. 100 crores have been allotted during 7 months.
To promote greater transparency and accountability in the functions of the Corporation.
1. Face book of MCC started
Provide Gender budgeting for economic empowerment for women.
1. Mahila Bhavan, Work started
2. SJSRY beneficiaries Schemes
People friendly and more accountable paid parking system.
1. CCTV Cameras
2. Pre Fabric Structures for Staff
3. Semi Automatic Parking lots
• Service rules and new posts have been cleared by MC.
• Community parking started in sector 19.
• Work of over bridge aprox. Rs. 1246 lacs from Anand Theater to KC Theater in sector 17 has been started. It will have the facilities of 40 booths, two ladies & two gents at each end; two lifts, having capacity of 13 persons each; offices in 2nd and 3rd floor etc.
• Theme Park inaugurated in Dumping ground & Foundation stone of Sports Stadium laid down in Dadumajra.
• Projects of Marriage Palaces in Hallomajra and Manimajra cleared.
• Mini Bus terminals are being constructed in Manimajra and Maloya.
• Martyr’s Pillar has been created at sector 33.
• 200 KM roads have been recarpetted including V-3, V-4, V-5 and V-6 in city.
• Rural Sports alongwith Cultural Promotion in City by organizing various programmes.
• The Streets of villages and slums have been paved by providing PCC tiles.
• Separate space for children in parks by providing Multiplay equipments in sand pitches.
• Provision of High Mask Lights in Gardens of southern sectors.
Provision of Facilities for Citizens
• 12 Green belts have been developed during the ten months time period.
• Valley of Animals is being developed in sector 49 and will be
inaugurated by this Christmas.
• 15 Water boosters have been provided in different sectors.
• Rigid pavements have been provided in parkings of Manimajra motor market.
• Community centers in sector 8, 46, 16 and Dadumajra have been
Developmental Projects are going on
• Construction/Renovation of Community Centres at village Kajahri,
Sector 22, Sector 27, Sector 51 and Sector 52.
• Development of Green Belts in Southern sectors including sector 31,
Industrial area Ph-II, Sector 47, Sector 48, sector 51 and sector 56
• Upgradation of facilities in sector 17 (work started).
• Fountains have been provided in green belts in various sectors.
• Toilet and drinking water facilities in 14 Green Belts and Parks
have been provided.
• Provision of 14 new Tubewells in Chandigarh.
• Upgradation of Dispensaries in sectors & villages and Vetnary
Hospital at Malyoa
• Renovation of Cremation grounds.