Time of reckoning has arrived. We firmly stand for the Teachers’ Cause, Empowerment and Rights. We, therefore, seek your VOTE which will usher in a new era of Teachers’ Activism through PUTA – marked by Synergy, Dynamic Collectivity and Commitment. We will tirelessly work for the following items on our collective Agenda:
• Expediting the implementation of new CAS in such a way that our colleagues do not feel harassed.
• Work for the implementation of the Task Force Report (MHRD) including the total Central Govt. funding for Panjab University – with benefits of Pension, enhanced superannuation age and provision of other allowances/benefits in accordance with the latest UGC Regulations. Central University Status remains of paramount importance to us.
• Facilitating the payments of remaining arrears at the earliest.
• Removal of Anomalies, if any in pay fixation arising out of implementation of new scales.
• CAS promotions to teachers whose interviews have already been carried out as per the regulations prevailing at the time of interview.
• Promotion of programmers / System managers under the existing promotion scheme with equivalent new grades.
• Speedy implementation of CAS for the library staff as per new UGC guidelines.
• Promotion of isolated cadres in the library.
• Filling up of vacant teaching posts / Assistant Librarians / Programmers in the Departments to regulate the academic environment.
• Retirement of faculty at the end of the academic session. Unconditional Re-employment of the PU faculty. Single window clearance for the retiring faculty.
• Efforts shall be made, at the level of UGC / AICTE /University, to exempt the non Ph.D. Faculty, already recruited in the university, from the Ph.D. entrance test.
• Greater autonomy for Departments.
• Revamping the G&P section to facilitate Research.
• Setting up of Faculty Grievances Cell.
• Provision of Rs. 1 lac for a block of three years to each faculty to participate and present papers in International/National Conferences/Seminars. Funding for air travel at least two-months before the visit of the P.U faculty for participation in International Conferences.
• Enhanced contingent grant of Rs.3000/- to each faculty member for the purchase of books/stationery etc.
• Construction of residential units in NTF, T-2 Flats & T-1 Flats.
• Urgent repairs/reconstruction of the teachers’ residential Units in all categories in Sector 14 and Sector 25.
• Tie – up with the leading private hospitals to provide health-services at concessional rates for the P.U. faculty.
• Upgradation of Health Centre with 24 hrs. emergency service.
• Rationalization of representation of teachers in PUTA and University Decision-Marking Bodies – (Senate).
• PUTA President as ex-officio member of Syndicate.
• More representation of women faculty members in different Committees/Activities of University.
• Speedy construction of the new Staff Club building in Sector 25 and its revival with more facilities for the members.
• Proper maintenance of the Community Hall.
• Construction of more rooms equipped with adequate facilities in Guest-Houses at Shimla and Dalhousie.
• Construction of a Transit Hostel for the newly appointed Teachers to provide them with residential facility till they find the appropriate accommodation.
• Provision of some rooms in the Punjab Bhawan, Haryana Bhawan & Himachal Bhawan for the stay of Panjab University faculty in Delhi.
• Tie up with certain approved public sectors tourism departments for LTC / Packaged tours for the PU faculty.
Roadmap for a speedy implementation of the CAS for Faculty of Dental Sciences. Regularization of contract and Ad-hoc faculty including BDS qualified teachers. Urgent Recruitment of the support staff such as Nurses / chair side assistants etc. Air-conditioning of clinics and laboratories on priority basis. Air conditioned library fully equipped with computers / internet facility and international / national level journals be made available in the library. Adequate sitting space equipped with internet connectivity for the faculty. Provision of a committee room for the faculty of dental sciences. Separate sitting space in canteen for the faculty. Organised parking facility.
Increments for M.Tech faculty on priority basis. Department like status to different branches of UIET. Contingency to various departments in UIET. Better infrastructural facilities at UIET. On-line journals exclusively for UIET library. Traffic lights at the junction sector 24-25.
USOL / DES
Focusing the attention of the authorities on the overhauling / restructuring of USOL & DES to initiate reforms in accordance with the changed scenario of higher education (need of injecting professionalism, computers, smart class room, separate cabins) equipped with necessary infrastructure facilities to each faculty member.
Special attention will be paid to provide the proper street lights in Sector -25 and the re-wiring of the residential units in Sector-25. Proper security arrangements in Sector-25. Proper electricity –connections to support two AC’s., Pucca parking space in front of each block of flats is to be constructed. Drainage and sewerage system is to be improved. Rain-Shelters Benches and lights to be provided in the parks in Sector-25. Outer walls of the flats to be re-plastered. Playgrounds for children / staff members in Sector -25.
TF / NTF
Gates at entry point of Teachers flats / NTF to be constructed and managed. Inner roads of TF / NTF are to be widened and re-carpeted. Roof-tops of the flats / all residential units should be repaired on priority basis. Proper lighting arrangements at the staircases of flats and floor-wise lighting arrangement to be made. Flood lights to be fixed near the flats for proper lighting and security. Silicon coating is to be done at the exposed brick work of Teacher’s Flats.
Through consistent efforts cooperation of faculty members and efforts of our Team, the following pro-active steps were initiated and important goals were reached:-
• 25% tuition fee concession in self-financing courses to wards of teachers w.e.f. 2010-2011.
• The Medical facilities have been extended to the children of women teachers.
• We appreciate the Vice Chancellor’s drive which fetched the PU faculty the part payment of arrears.
• Academic Status was provided to Curators, RRC, Adult Education and CIL colleagues.
• Children’s park for Teachers’ Flats under construction.
• Got the House Allotment streamlined.
• The confirmed employees have been allowed to withdraw 90% of Provident Fund as non-refundable advance for purchase house / plot instead of 10 years service condition. (Syndicate Decision July 2010)
• The provision that applicant has no other plot / house exclusively in his/her name or in the name of any member of his family stands deleted. (Syndicate Decision July 2010)
• Policy for the Remuneration to the Guest Faculty (Rs.1000/- per lecture) has been adopted – through our active intervention.
• Payment of salary to the contractual staff in accordance with the new UGC scales – as demanded by us.
• Our PUTA executive members personally intervened in the matter concerning speedy implementation of CAS – cases and the filling up of the vacant posts and through the initiatives taken by the Vice-Chancellor got the issue clinched.
• In connection with the Central University Status, one of our teacher-activists met Mr. Rahul Gandhi personally and apprised him of various issues and the position of the University during his visit.
• On the issue of enhancement of retirement age to 65 our PUTA executive members made TASK FORCE of MHRD appreciate that the enhancement of the age of retirement for University Teachers will strengthen the Academic Profile and Environment of the University.
• Through our persistent interaction with the faculty members and the university authorities, extensive repair and transformational makeover of residential units is being undertaken.
We assure you that our team is for the dignity of the teachers, for the betterment of our university, for the healthy academic environment in the campus. Our strength is our fraternity. Come and join hands for building A POSITIVE PUTA where everyone matters.
We must not forget that our University is on the cusp of a historic transformation. Therefore, we, once again, appeal to all of you to VOTE for a team that works with sincerity and humility to achieve our shared objectives.
Representing Your VOICE
Jaspal Kaur Kaang, Navdeep Goyal, M.C. Sidhu, C.N. Kumar, Jatinder Grover, Ashok Sabharwal, Mritunjay, Navleen Kaur, Yog Raj Angrish, Anju Rao, G.R. Chaudhary, Sukesh C. Sharma, Tankeshwar Kumar, Deepak Kumar, Rajesh Kumar, Sudhir Bhandari, Gurpal Singh, Ravi K. Mahajan.