Chandigarh, By Sanjay Pahwa :- The applications received from individuals, organizations, and from acquaintances of the persons desirous of getting appointed as nominated councilors were sent by the U.T. Administration for police verification. After having discussed with the officers in the Administration, and having considered all the relevant aspects, the following persons have been appointed as nominated councilors by the Administrator of the Union Territory Chandigarh:-
Sr. No. Name Address Category
1. Mr. Anoop Sunny Gill SDA Church Social worker
Sector 41 D, Chandigarh.
2. Prof Aruna Goel 185/ 16 Chd. Educationist
3. Prof (Dr. (Mrs.) Amrit Tiwari 1309/19D, Chandigarh. Med. Professional
4. Mr. Babu Lal, IAS (Retd) 5142/1. MHC Administraton
5. Maj. D.S. Sandhu (Retd) 3109/35D,Chd. Defence
6. Mr. M.P. Kohli 136/28A,Chd. Business & Trade
7. Mr. Sat Paul Bansal 220/21, Chd. Industry & Finance
8. Mrs. Shagufta Parveen 5769, Duplex, Scholar & Social worker
9. Mr. Surinder Bahga 135/23-A, Chd. Architect.
In finalizing the names, an attempt has been made to see that different sections of society are represented in the Municipal Corporation. Candidates involved in representing social services, education, medical activites, architectural art, trade and industry, defence and the candidates with scholarly credentials have been nominated. The social structure of the society has also been kept in view while making the nominations. It was also seen that representation is given to women, scheduled caste, minority community and persons with administrative expertise. Individuals presently employed in
Govt./public sector organizations and appointed to other important Committees of Administration have not been preferred. Persons holding important political positions also have not been considered.
U.T. Administration expects the nominated councilors to make their contribution in discharging their duties in a thoughtful, fair and transparent manner in the best interest of the people.