Chandigarh Anna Team in association with “Aatm Sammaan Foundations” is opened their first “Hamara Adhikaar” Center at Vikas Nagar in 1299/ Vikas Nagar, Chandigarh. A team of 26 youth formed a team and took the responsibility to raise the issues of public for accountability and against corruption. The event started at 12 noon. The program was organized in Ramleela Ground, opposite to “Hamara Adhikaar” Center today. Hundreds of people Youth, women, senior citizens participated in the event.
Rahul Bhartiya, Anna Team Member inaugurated the Vikas Nagar office. Rahul Bhartiya also addressed people on how this center is going to work for the benefit of Vikas Nagar. Many other Chandigarh team anna members like ved parkash, menu, swaran dogra, gursewak, omparkash were present.
Rahul Bhartiya said that “Society today is suffering from timely completion of their works due to poor administrative working & Corruption. So much money is allotted for development of wards but is that money been implemented effectively? Do we get the value for money we pay to government in form of tax for our own development? Today, people are suffering so much from “CORRUPTION” and there’s no access to “ACCOUNTABILITY & COMPLETION OF WORKS IN RESPECTIVE TIMELINES”.
The purpose to start center to demand for rights, accountability, effective usage of money allotted for development.
Aatm Sammaan Foundations has been started by Rahul Bhartiya as Director, Dr. Kiran Bedi is the Chief Patron and her husband Dr. Brij Bedi is the chief advisor in this organization. The purpose is to aware people and make them understand the meaning of accountability and demand for their rights accordingly.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF “HAMARA ADHIKAAR” CENTERS
· Invite M.C. of their respective ward for Jansabha and make him/her aware about the issues of ward.
· To ask for rectification of issues and resolution in specific timelines.
· Every three months, ask for the accountability of money allotted for the development of the ward.
· Every six months, ask for the development report of works assigned to the contractors.
· Provide inputs of the people on the development work going on in the wards so that money is utilized in effective manner, avoiding wastage of money.
This is going to be the first center in Chandigarh. We wish to open another 25 centers soon in Chandigarh covering all 26 wards of Chandigarh. 2 more center will be operation in coming month of January.