Chandigarh, Feb 2: The Drugs Control Officer, Chandigarh, Sh Sunil Chaudhry inspected the premises of M/s Papu Kiryana in Dhanas today on the basis of a tip-off. During the inspection it was found that the firm M/s Papu Kiryana is involved in stocking and selling of allopathic drugs without possessing any valid retail/whole sale drug license. A huge quantity of allopathic drugs was seized from the proprietor of the store Jai Bhagwan, which included 1,160 injections of Oxytocin, which is used for increasing lactation among the miltch cattle.
The quantity was seized vide Form-16 prescribed under the Drugs & Cosmetics Act 1940, Rules 1945. Following are the names of the drugs and the quantity seized:
Sr. No. Qty. Name of Drug Mfg. by.
1. 1160(1 X 1ml) Oxytocin Inj. Park’n Chem B.P Vet Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
2. 22(1 X 10)Tab Diclowin Plus Wings Pharmaceuticals
3. 11(1 X 10)Tab Disprin Reckit Beckiser (India) Ltd.
4. 15(1 X 10)Tab Saridon Piramal Healthcare Ltd.
5. 12(1 X 10)Tab Nsido-F Indian Pharmaceuticals
6. 13(1 X 10)Tab Novalgin Aventis Pharma Ltd.
7. 4(1 X 6)+4+4 Ta b D-Cold Total Paras Pharmaceuticals
8. 1(1 X 15)+13Tab Brufen Abbot India Ltd.
9. 4(1 X 15)+12Tab Crocin Remidex Pharma
10. 2(1 X 10)+9Tab Paracetamol Indian Pharmaceuticals
Bhagwan failed to produce the purchase record of these drugs and also could not produce the drug license for stock/sale of allopathic drugs on the spot. A show cause notice will be issued to him.