Chandigarh : Ravi, a student of Panjab university, chandigarh have gave the suggestion to UT advisor for the Smart City project. He said, it is a great opportunity for Chandigarh to be included in the Smart City project of India.
The City Beautiful, as Chandigarh is known to the world, is already a leading city in the country what with its well managed sectors, its excellence in a number of facilities like civic amenity, greenery, telecommunication, road and rail link etc. The smart city project will further boost its economic prospects, traffic management, health care sector, education and waste management.
Chandigarh has the ability to grow further, but it needs to take more care of its citizens. I have formulated certain points which I would like to share with you which will help the further growth of Chandigarh.
ROAD AND TRAFFIC PROBLEM
- A Smart city must have an excellent traffic system. So traffic should be smooth in Chandigarh. There should not be any traffic hurdle/jam. It should be very easy for the people to reach their respective destinations. Unfortunately there are a few traffic bottlenecks at places like Airport lights, Hallomajra light, Housing Board Chowk light, Tribune Chowk light etc. There should be a better traffic management system at these important centres where the traffic flow is high during peak hours.(MODEL)
- More alternative roads or the underground tunnel at housing board light must be there for Panchkula
- There should be broader roads and separate cycle tracks wherever possible.
- Future roads may include Sensors on the tracks lane which will indicate: Routes, Speed limit, Challan Warnings, Wrong track Indicating, VIP or Ambulance Arrival Notice etc.
- Streets lights must be better managed with high-tech sensors
- The scheme of automatic green light from one signal to another on straight roads must be there
- Bus stops on the busy roads should be avoided for a smooth flow of traffic and stops should be better designed where people get shelter from rain and sun with refreshing booths. They must have online buses tracking system.
- There should be more mini buses in the city
- On the spot accidental dispute solution with on spot mechanical inspection facility must be available to the people.
- On the spot fine pay facility must be there.
- Roads maintainance, roads problems, signal lights must be under traffic police, and they must be Answerable. Challan fund must be better utilized for the traffic management and facility in the city.
- More camps should be held for better awareness of traffic rules and government programs.
- There must be strict action against pollution emitting vehicles. There must be repair workshops at every petrol pump.
- Chandigarh needs more battery or CNG auto rickshaw for making city pollution free
- Better Parking facilities needed in the city. These include more multi level parking and intelligent parking system in the city at various crowded markets.
- Midnight SOS facility by police needed.
- At the end, Chandigarh is welcoming the metro project but it may be postponed for some years if these all points are considered and implemented effectively.
- Regular faculty, Modern Infra, Smart classrooms, online admission system, Hygienic Environment, free books and uniform upto primary level Must be there.
- Issue unique ID to every student enrolled in the govt. school so as to online track his/ her progress by government departments from time to time and check dropout rate and the reasons behind. Guidance after every session., career guidance etc
- Raise standard of government schools
- Toilets must be in good hygienic conditions
- Strict eye on the addictive intoxicants near school or in college premises
- Online lecture facility and like Naptel linkage with schools.
- Digitalization: cheap smart phones, internet facility at schools colleges and at every public places, computer rooms in every schools.
- Play ground must be there for the children and schools must include a sports period in the timetable for the fitness of the children.
- Telemedicine is required for the city
- Emergancy Response time management necessary.
- Family welfare and councelling centers needed.
- More nursing home, child welfare, maternity centers needed.
- Government must ensure nutrients for pregnant women.
- One sector one dispensary( like Delhi model launched recently)
- Generation of online card for health services with in the sector dispensary and it is accessible to any government hospital.
- There must be interlinking of doctors to discuss critical case / one window solution
- Free medicine/Govt. regulated shops and this will also prevent privatization.
- Strict regulation of the private hospital. Directive principles for the private hospitals.
- There should be separate tracks for ambulance, fire brigade, or the specified routes etc
- More ambulance in the city needed.
- Personal car converted to ambulance if needed, Govt escort must accompany to hospital and the hospital team must ready to receive them.
- Effective Project Model including building cum livelihood modeled society which should include every basic necessity.(From Slums to Big Societies)
- Generation of every type of labor force for the city with these regulated society.
- This would put check on the child labour in the city and will decrease dropout rate in the city.
- This will help in managing the vulnerable section of the city and giving the every benefit assured by the government.
- Education, Healthcare facility etc can be easily and effectively managed.
- This will even put check on any illegal occupation, drug trafficking etc.
- Regulated gate pass (membership ID/gatepass)
- More facilities for the poor and the weaker section of society
By this Model Chandigarh would be able to create a Role Model for the Entire Country.
- Sector wise regulation/sector map is needed.
- House wise report card by sector police even the police report card by the people.
- Sector wise ID for every household : to access online detail any time by Govt.
- Demolish jurisdictional area of police, inter transfer case facility.
- Public Cell for Complaint against police.
- Midnight SOS facility by police needed.
- There must be recycling centers far away from the city to prevent air pollution
- More recycling centers needed .
- Bio waste must be collected separately and if possible a processing center must be installed to produce Biofuel (Ethnol).
- Bio-medical waste must be carefully collected and treated.
- Regular survey to the living societies by government officials needed.
- No waste should be allowed to remain near housing societies, markets etc.
- Parks must be cleaned and maintained properly.
- Drains must be cleaned before monsoon.
- All departments of the government must be interlined through computers. Proper monitoring of the government projects are also necessary.
- Public grievence cell per sector for any query.
- Welfare Govt. concept must reach to every house hold.
Sir, I am sure if these above suggestions are implemented Chandigarh would be crowned the most smart city of India.
Student of Panjab University