There is a wide spread anger among the employees with disability for not extending the legitimate concessions and welfare measures to them. The PwD Act Came into effect from 07/02/1996. The appropriate Government have failed in extending and implementing the Act provisions as regards to the recruitment, promotions, transfers and postings and providing the barrier free environment including working environment. The Government is paying deaf ear towards the problems of the disabled employees particularly after posting of Smt. Neelam Sahwany IAS, the present Principal Secretary to Government. Even after lapse of 18 years of long period, and favourable pronouncements by various Judicial organs of India, the administration has failed to issue proper guidelines in accordance with the Act Provisions on employment Chapter. The Association has given a Notice to go on (direct) agitation programs in a phased manner, if the following demands are not solved. Initially it is decided to protest the in action of the Government by boycotting the “WORLD DAY OF THE DISABLED” on 3rd December 2013 and to make a “DHARNA” at Hyderabad.
- Implementation of rule of reservation in promotions with retrospective effect from 07/02/1996 by issuing suitable guidelines and amendments to rules.
- Framing of a transfer policy in posting of disabled employees in relaxation of Native Mandal, Native District and ban on transfers to a place convenient.
- Conveyance Allowance to employees with disability without discrimination.
- Mileage Allowance for using private/own vehicle in LTC and Official Tours on par with GOI employees.
- Extending of full Pension to all the disabled employees and pension in place of CPS to all the government, public and private sector employees on the lines of defense personnel.
- Special Allowance for Child care to women disabled employees on par with GOI employees.
- 10 days Special casual leave on medical grounds on par with GOI employees.
- Deputation facility for higher education on par with SC & ST employees.
- Special Insurance Scheme to the disabled employees As per the Act Provision.
10. Construction and providing of a hostel facility with barrier free environment to the disabled employees who come to state head quarters on medical, official and other grounds.
11. Providing of barrier free environment in offices and public places as provided in the Act.
12. Appointment of Act Commissioner.
13. Recognition of the Association.
The Association appeals to all the disabled community in general and employees with disability in particular, to participate to the above protest program and express their anger and displeasure against the discrimination and step motherly treatment at disabled employees.
AWAKE & ARISE & PARTICIPATE IN “DHARNA PROGRAMME” ON 3RD DECEMBER 2013
At Dharna Chowk Indira Park, Lower Tank Bund, Hyderabad