11 August : The Minister for Steel, Chemicals and Fertilisers Shri Ram Vilas Paswan has assured Andhra Pradesh of additional supply of 20,000 tonnes of DAP during this month. The assurance was made when the State Agriculture Minister, Shri N. Raghuveera Reddy called on Shri Paswan here today.
Shri Reddy apprised Shri Paswan of the demand for fertilizers in the State and said that the demand for DAP has increased compared to the initial assessment.Shri Paswan told the Andhra Pradesh Minister that the requirement of additional 20,000 tonnes of DAP will be met this month. He said 60 per cent of the requirement will be made available by 20th of this month and the rest 40 per cent by 25th of the month. He also said that the requirement of Urea and MOP will be fully met.