Members of the Association for Communal Harmony in Asia (ACHA) envision the world, but particularly South Asia as a region of peace and harmony,
1. Where individuals of all regions, religions, rational persuasions, sects, castes, and cultural and ethnic groups live in peace and harmony, and their holy books, places of worship, and founders are respected.
2. Where there are no wars or threats of wars and nations respect each others’ borders and solve their disputes through peaceful means.
3. Where governments respect human rights of all their peoples and do not engage in persecution or repression of any individual or group on account of caste, ethnic or national origin, beliefs, religious practices, or political affiliations.
4. Where female as well as male children, and women enjoy respect and protection.
Members of the Association for Communal Harmony in Asia (ACHA) are committed to promote awareness of these issues and harmony among South Asians in countries of their origin and abroad, wherever they live.
ACHA DECLARATION OF COMMITMENT
As a member of the Association for Communal Harmony in Asia (ACHA), I undertake to
1. Affirm that all religious and ethnic communities deserve respect and to treat them with dignity and fairness.
2. Avoid and discourage all jokes and comments where the purpose or effect is to ridicule or belittle any person or group on the basis of religion, or ethnic or national origin.
3. Respect the right of each individual to worship (or not to worship) God in the way (s)he wishes and refrain from imposing my ways on others.
4. Respect founders, holy books, and places of worship of all religions, not to speak ill of them, or in any way desecrate or harm them.
5. Every year in addition to doing something for the welfare of my own community, to contribute financially or otherwise to the welfare of individuals of at least one other ethnic or religious community.
6. Seek out and work with other like-minded individuals to promote and foster peace and harmony among various communities and countries of South Asia, and to do nothing that is likely to incite disharmony or discord among them.
ACHA PLEDGE OF PEACE HARMONY
I will maintain peace within me;
I will respect the basic human rights of those who are different from me;
I will live in harmony with everyone around me;
I will be a good citizen of my motherland;
I will work for peace everywhere in the world.