THE HON’BLE CHIEF JUSTICE
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
SPECIAL LEAVE TO APPEAL (CIVIL) NO(S).24525/2012
I wish to submit you humbly as under:
1. That the above petition was filed by ALL INDIA RETIRED BANK EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION & ORS against Union of India Etc. earlier in Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for fixation of Service & Family pensions of retired bank Employees, and remove anomalies in the extant pension scheme so as to bring it in tune with the frame work of Constitution.
2. That the said petition was registered as W.P(C) No. 510 OF 2002 before this Hon’ble Court but dismissed as withdrawn since similar petitions were pending before various High Courts in the Country.However this Hon’ble Court had requested the High Courts vide its order dated 30.09.02 to dispose of the pending matters early. Therefore the above mentioned petition was filed and came up before the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi. Unfortunately the petition had been dismissed by the Hon’ble High Court on 30/03/2012, and the petitioners SENIOR CITIZENS have now approached this Hon’ble Court in the third inning.
3. That this Hon’ble Court has ordered on 31/08/2012, “Hearing expedited. Learned counsel for the respondents prays for and is granted four weeks time to file a counter affidavit. Rejoinder affidavit, if any, be filed within four weeks thereafter. Post for hearing after the completion of service along with Civil Appeal 5525 of 2012”.
4. That a long time has passed away since the petitions listed and the “SENIOR CITZENS’ MATTER” has not yet been scheduled for hearing so far against the said period of Eight Weeks. As Hon’ble Justice Krishna Iyer has said, “The judicial activism gets its highest bonus when its orders wipe some tears from some eyes”.
5. That the average life expectancy in India is well about 64 years. Meanwhile many of the retirees might have departed to heavenly abode. Therefore, the surviving retirees are seeking once again your kind honour for interference for justice at an early date. The retirees have been forced to run from pillar to post for their legitimate rights for the previous eleven years.
Therefore, it is requested once again that the Office Report may kindly be called at the earliest, and the matter be listed at the earliest possible.
DATED: 19.02.2013 APPLICANT
MANI RAM SHARMA
S/O Sh Satyanarayan
Nakul Niwas, Behind Roadways Depot
Sardarshahar -331 403-7 District: Churu(Raj)