10th November, 2012
H.E. Shri Barack Hussein Obama
Hon’ble President of USA
White House, Washington DC
Your Excellency, Sir,
Your highly impressive victory in the second term of the US Presidency gave most pleasant message to the people of India and the rest of the world that the US takes humanity as far more superior to a colour or a race. While congratulating you on this unexpected victory, we cannot cease praising the citizens of the USA who have shown enormous magnanimity and grace rejecting the racial bias in conveying their undaunted message to the racial-ridden society in Europe and elsewhere that humanity as a whole is not divisible and peace with dignity is a universal right of everybody; black, white or brown.
Mr. President, as a member of the human society in the 21st century I would like to remind you that the peace-loving people of the world would like to draw your attention towards the urgent issues causing threat to universal peace thus endangering the very existence of humanity.
1. Since several years big powers have not cared to discourage the growing armament race. The nuclear arsenals are being piled up by the big countries including the USA least caring about its consequences. Mr. President you in your presidential speech last month pledged to “Set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons, and pursue it.” You have a commitment to fulfill in the interest of international peace and justice too. Accusing Iran alone for joining nuclear arena would not mean anything for creating a world free of nuclear arsenals. What the big powers are asking from Iran should apply to all the countries.
2. After the so-called end of the Cold War, the United States and the Russian Federation concluded the Strategic Offensive Reductions Treaty (2003) and the New START Treaty (2010), during your first term of Presidency. You have responsibility to ensure that all agreements the USA had signed with the Russian Federation and other states vis-a-vis nuclear disarmament are implemented and enforced without any delay. Manufacturing of weapons of human destruction and their sale have been picked up by big powers as a source of raising their revenues at the cost of humanity.
3. The movement for complete disarmament came to close with the disappearance of Nehru-Bertrand Russell era. The spirit that was generated by Nehru, Bertrand Russell, Martin Luther King and others needs to be revived so that the globe can be provided safety and security. This is possible only when all programs to manufacture nuclear arsenals are shut and that existing ones are dismantled without any delay as was agreed by the USA under the Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program. The same jurisprudence is the need of the hour to ensure that all weapons of mass destruction under the control of the USA are also dismantled. The authority of dismantling existing nuclear arsenals must be invested in the United Nations under the supervision of Non-Aligned Countries like India.
4. Mr. President, you remember the USA suo-moto had accused Iraq for having piled weapons of human destruction and under this pretext Bush administration attacked Iraq, destroyed one of the great civilizations of the world and entire infrastructure of Iraq. Even President of Iraq was hanged which has been described as judicial murder in the light of basic jurisprudence of 14th Amendment of the US Constitution. What happened finally? The USA was adjudged guilty as no weapons of mass destructions were found in Iraq. This is the time that Mr. Obama, the President of US may have to extend apology to the people of Iraq for having invaded them on the wrong excuse.
5. The people have not forgotten the voice of the campaigners for Nuclear Disarmament in your country or in Europe by the Nuclear Disarmament Groups, Greenpeace and International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War. If you go back to the history, it was June 12, 1982 when one million people demonstrated in New York City’s Central Park against nuclear weapons and for an end to the cold war arms race. This was the largest political demonstration in the US history. The people in Europe and elsewhere have been raising their voice for complete disarmament which has not been addressed by the power that be in the US or in the European countries.
6. President Ronald Regan’s (USA) tall proclamation to have, “a world free of nuclear weapons” sank into the depth of the Pacific Ocean with his disappearance. Changing the name from ‘SALT’ (Strategic Arms Limitation Talks) to ‘START’ (Strategic Arms Reduction Talks) would make no different as long as the US would not act with courage and wisdom to reduce the threat to the global existence. The entire world is sitting on the piles of nuclear arsenals today. Whether it is Islamic bomb or Christian or even Jewish that shall make difference because the world shall be hit by fire and blaze? Mr. President, with the blessings of God and support of the Americans a black man has got the huge support of all the Americans hoping that peace shall save them from pending disaster. You have an opportunity to light the ray of hope with the support of the American people to end nuclear race and I am sure you would not like to miss that opportunity.
7. India has been advocating peace and non-violence before the crucifixion of Christ in Jerusalem at the hands of Roman emperors. Mahatma Buddha much before the Christian era gave the message of non-violence, sacrifice and human love to all the suffering people of the world. Renouncing abdicating his throne and walking to the huts with his message of equity, brotherhood, peace and human dignity, he awakened the world to realize the significance of humanity. That is the message which people expect, the President of the USA, Mr. Barack Hussein Obama, shall follow whether in Rwanda, Sudan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran and elsewhere. The old doctrine of Mao Zedong that power lies at the barrel of gun is no more relevant in the 21st century. The power, this day, lies at the stretch and command of human thought for peace and justice to all.
8. There are certain global issues which were stirred by the colonial power after their victory in the first and the second world wars. Palestine is a living example which was created by the Anglo-American Bloc with the tacit support of Stalin’s Russia in 1947. This was first blunder committed by the United Nations in dissecting Palestine and giving birth to Israel. This was beyond the competence of the United Nations to create a state. The very objective of the United Nations was to promote international peace and justice and not to create conflict. The UN blundered. India had repeatedly warned the self-styled big powers in 1947 against the division of Palestine. Once the United Nations recognized Israel as a Member of the United Nations, the UN should have given recognition to the State of Palestine in the same resolution (Resolution no.181). Mrs. Hilary Clinton, the Foreign Secretary of the USA had demonstrated her wisdom and courage by advocating that Palestine should be recognized as a sovereign state and be listed as a full-fledged member of the United Nations. Mr. President, the whole world is looking towards Mr. Obama to undo this continuing injustice to the Palestinians who have every right to exist as a sovereign nation. The UN Resolution vis-a-vis Jerusalem has to be enforced in the interest of international peace and justice.
9. The UN Resolutions namely, 242, 338 and others in connection with the Palestine need to be implemented without any delay. All Arab territories including Golan Heights have to be vacated as was done in case of UN Resolutions vis-a-vis Kuwait. US cannot bluff the world by its double standards vis-a-vis the Middle-East, in particular. Israel cannot dictate the terms to the United Nations or to the President of the USA that suit Israel. The Zionist lobby in the USA tried to mobilize the public opinion with their media and money power against Mr. Obama. Mr. Netanyahoo, presently Prime Minister of Israel even dared reach Washington and mobilize Zionist lobby to defeat Mr. Obama and they failed because the public opinion in the USA could read the writings on the wall in the coming decades. If there is a next war it shall be a nuclear war and the Palestine shall be the core issue.
10. Mr. President, you have last chance in your lifetime to write the history of the world peace or the world war. You shall be answerable to the history of mankind. I quote Shakespeare, “Wisdom lies in daring” and those whom God gave opportunity to act but failed to act shall be written of in the history if anybody shall be left out to write that.
11. Mr. President, the myth of an end of cold war has become irrelevant today that you must have realized when you failed to intervene directly or through your NATO friends in Iran or in Syria this year. You were compelled for military intervention and send your paratroopers to Damascus as the American President, Mr. Bush did in Iraq. Today’s Russian Federation headed by Mr. Vladmir Putin is a different Russia than it were during US invasion of Iraq. Mr. Putin has both courage and talent to comprehend the emerging combinations and the permutations in the Europe and vis-à-vis the United States of America. Chinese leadership is also aware of the hawkish approach of the Zionist lobby towards Russia and China. Mr. President, you also experienced the same difficulty in attacking Tehran when you had tremendous pressure on you to do so. The right course for the President of USA is to accept the realities in the new world’s dispensation and respect the jurisprudence of mutual co-existence of all the Member States. The African continent deserves urgent attention too so that no Rwanda is repeated and the people of all the colours and races live with dignity and justice.
12. Mr. President, you are a young man, a wise politician also who has an opportunity to share your present and future with the present and the next generations of the world who would like to live in peace and dignity whether in the East or in the West. This is a great opportunity for you, Mr. President, that you take new decisions in the direction of truth, justice and peace so that America lives in peace and so does live the rest of the world. India cannot be reduced to a market for the pleasure of handful of a society. India has Ocean of love, full of peace which it is capable to share with the people of the world irrespective of their nationalities, religions, races, colours and the political systems.
13. Mr. President, you shall do a great service to the people of the United States and rest of the world if you gather strength and moral courage to apologize to India for the abusive language that Mr. Henry Kissinger used against Mrs. Indira Gandhi, one of the world’s tallest leaders. In 1972, Mr. Kissinger used word, ‘bitch’ against her.
14. Mr. President, you will be doing a great justice to the peace-loving people of the world by apologizing to Japan for attacking Hiroshima and Nagasaki with atom bombs.
15. Mr. President, your extempore speech you made on 4th June, 2009 in Cairo University had a great and deep impact on the Arabs in particular. You deliberately or casually failed to address the President of Egypt, Mr. Hosni Mubarak, who was presiding over the grand meet. This strengthened the old doctrine of trust deficit with the Arab world, which it has been experiencing since 1917 when Britain signed Balfour Declaration with the Sharif of Mecca.
I have taken this liberty in writing this letter to Your Excellency with open mind to hope that you may consider the contents of my letter in response to the wishes and hopes of hundreds of millions of the peace-loving people all over the world. I feel that drum beater I am, the drum beater shall go, lest you forget his strokes, his echoes.
With warm regards from India, the land of love and peace!