Subject : In Reference to the death of my son, namely Sh. Abhishek Kanta Banerjee, 21years/ Male on 21st June 2014 under 8 No. Police Station, Ludhiana, Punjab – Request for Action
I humbly submit as here in under
I am Dr. Madhu Meeta, MBBS, MD. I am running Sadbhavna Hospital, Sadbhavna Drug De-Addiction Centre, and Sadbhavna Group of Educational Institutions at Raikot; committed to the rural, remote and underprivileged womenfolk of Punjab. I originally hail from West Bengal.
First of all, I thank you in anticipation of a prompt and appropriate response. You would appreciate that I have lost my only child. My anxiety is not limited to unearth the truth behind this murderous crime but to ensure that no other mother faces similar situation like me.
That on 10th January 2014 I persuaded him to disclose the names of known addicts and peddlers of the area. Accordingly my husband accompanied him to Sh. Jatinder Kumar, PS Dugri and confided to the police. They picked some victims / peddlers up. They later informed us that Abhishek might have a threat to life. Please verify whether any action was taken by the police.
That my son, Abhishek died on 21st June 2014 under mysterious circumstances. His body was found on the driver’s seat of his car [Honda Accord PB 10 AP 0044] parked outside SCD Govt. College. But the local police are practicing ‘masterly inactivity’ in this case. It is their hypothesis that Abhishek died due to suspected drug overdose. Even if it is assumed to be true, they are least interested in unveiling the actual culprits, the manufacturers or the supply-chain. Police is more interested in closing the case than solving it. Within minutes of finding the body, the SHO termed it as a 1. Death due to Drug Overdose 2. He has obtained something in writing from the father 3. He will proceed under section 174. All these without waiting even for the Post Mortem report.
That our son was lured from our home at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar to Haibowal and then to to College Road, by Ankur Azad, resident of Azad Gas Agency, Haibowal. He ganged there with some other people with a conspiracy to kill my son. On usual Saturdays no car is parked there at late nights. But on that fateful night, there were three more cars parked in a row with my son’s car. They were a red sedan, a white/silver small car and a luxury car [Audi / BMW], as per eye-witnesses.
That after his body was detected; the police called my husband at 11-30am, made him sit on the back seat, put the body on his shoulder and drove the car for post mortem examination. The Police deliberately destroyed all vital forensic evidence like fingerprints, chemicals, clothes etc.
That scene of crime showed :
- Body in Rigor Mortis
- Blood-stained saliva trickling from right angle of mouth
- White / green stained fluid on his T-shirt
- No Injection marks
- Bluish discoloration of extremities, both upper and lower
- Red sandals not on any of his feet.
- All car doors were locked from inside except Conductor’s door
- The position of Conductor seat was altered
- The interior of the car was cleaned up.
- There were ashes on right side of driver and left side of conductor’s seat
- Abhishek died at late night, but his mobile 9872544066 was used at late at 5-03am at morning. The mobile phone was found neatly placed at gear area of the car
- ALL DIRECT AND FORENSIC EVIDENCES WERE DELIBERATELY DESTROYED by the local police by a). NOT sealing the scene of crime, i.e. the car b). NOT preserving the clothes of Abhishek c). NOT thoroughly searching his clothes and other belongings.
- We later discovered a piece of paper with some mobile numbers scribbled on it in Abhishek’s underpants. The paper was handed over to the Addl. SHO, Mr. Pawan Kumar. They were 9646953399, 9781848879, 8728856136, 9814000938, 9592311470, 8427272701.
- We requested the police to hack the Facebook account, E-mail account, and old mobile 9878055066 details of my son to know more.
- There are 3 CCTV cameras in the vicinity, 1 at Bake-for-you, 1 at Talwar Gas Agency, 1 at the complex opposite the location of crime.
- The call details of Ankur Azad [9646953399, 8054990100] and all mobile phones of other conspirators are still not traced.
- The regular night-commuters of the area, like ice cream vendors, fruit vendors, Chaurasia Paan Bhandar, Kumaran Dosa, Hair Saloon, Morning walkers are still not interrogated as potential eye-witnesses
- THE CRIME WAS NEVER RECONSTRUCTED to get a real-time idea.
That NO PCR van routed that area on night of 21st June 2014 despite our repeated requests to 100 Helpline throughout that night.
That NO ACTION has yet been taken while some are irrecoverably destroyed by the Local Police. This amply exhibits their APATHY, CALLOUSNESS, AND WILLFUL INACTION.
My son often told me that some persons owed him money and were hostile to him. He was also apprehensive of the fact that some people whose names were disclosed to the police may cause physical harm to him.
Even nearly after a month of the crime, NO ACTION has been taken by the Investigating Authority. You are requested to kindly nab the culprits by 22th July 2014. Otherwise, kindly hand over the case to CBI or some competent Central Investigative Agency.
The passports of all suspects (and immediate contacts of my son) should be confiscated. Their movement out of Ludhiana must be restricted so that they cannot flee Ludhiana or the country.
May God bless you and your family. May you never face similar situation of grief, anguish and helplessness like me. Unless you take corrective action, my son’s death will be wasted and a whole generation of youngsters will be wiped out from Punjab.
Awaiting a positive and sympathetic response
Dr. Madhu Meeta, MBBS, MD 07.07.2014
515/4, Housefed Flats, E-Block, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Ludhiana
Enclosure : Police Hypothesis & rebuttals
Copy to The Chief Justice, Punjab & Haryana High Courts
The Chief Minister, West Bengal