Union cabinet takes key decisions; clears introduction of anti-triple talaq bill in budget session of Parliament; Bill also cleared to give 3% reservation to people living in villages along international border in J&K; first meeting of council of ministers after PM’s return to office.
In a major relief to married muslim women, Cabinet has approved the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019. The Bill will be introduced in the upcoming Parliament session.
Union Cabinet also cleared the deck for approval of “The Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill, 2019”. The Bill will be introduced in both the Houses of Parliament in the forthcoming session of the Parliament.
Cabinet has approved “The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in
Teachers’ Cadre) Bill, 2019”. 7000 existing vacancies to be filled up by direct recruitment in Teachers’ Cadre .
1. The Union Cabinet approves the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019. Bill to be introduced in the upcoming Parliament session.
2. Cabinet approves the Jammu & Kashmir Reservation
(Amendment) Bill, 2019; move aimed as relief for persons in J&K
residing in areas adjoining International Border; they can now avail
reservation in direct recruitment, promotion and admission in different
3. Cabinet approves extension of President’s Rule in Jammu& Kashmir for six months with effect from 3rd July, 2019.
4. Cabinet approves two months extension to the Committee for Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central List.
5. Cabinet approves new Bill, “The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019 to crack down on unauthorised occupants of public premises.
6. No individual to be compelled to provide Aadhaar number unless provided by law; Cabinet approves The Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019.