The process of registration of pilgrims for Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2015 has started. Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board chaired by the Governor, Jammu and Kashmir has issued following procedure for registration of yatris through bank:-
· This year’s Shri Amarnathji Yatra will commence on 2nd July, 2015, via both the routes Baltal and Pahalgram, and conclude on 29th August, 2015.
· Registration is necessary for the Yatri.
· Nobody, shall be allowed to undertake the Yatra without Yatra Permit which is valid for the day and route in question.
· A Yatri can secure his / her Yatra Permit via selected bank branches (87 of J&K Bank, 305 Punjab National Bank and 38 of YES Bank) located in various States / UTs.
· The addresses of the selected Bank Branches, for providing Registration are available at Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board’s website: www.shriamarnathjishrine.com
· The Registration for the Yatra 2015, via selected Bank Branches, has commenced from 01st March, 2015.
· For Registration / obtaining a Yatra Permit through a designated Bank, an intending Yatri shall have to submit filled-in prescribed Application Form and Compulsory Health Certificate issued by the Authorised Doctor / Reputed Private Medical Institution.
· The State-wise list of Doctors / reputed private Medical Institutions authorized to issue the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate are available at Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board’s website: www.shriamarnathjishrine.com
· For Yatra 2015, Compulsory Health Certificate issued only after 10th February, 2015, would be valid for the registration purposes.
· An intending Yatri will be required to pay Rs.50/- as Registration fee, for registration through a designated Bank.
· A Yatri who travels by Helicopter will not be required to separately register for the Yatra.
· A Yatri who travels by Helicopter will, however, be required to submit the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate at the time of boarding the Helicopter.
· A Yatri should embark on his / her Yatra only on the day and from the route for which he / she is registered.
· Please visit Board’s website: www.shriamarnathjishrine.com to know how an ex-India pilgrim can register himself / herself for the Yatra.
· A group of five or more Yatris can also register themselves through the Group Registration Facility.
· Please visit Board’s website: www.shriamarnathjishrine.com to know how to register through Group Registration Facility.
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has also reviewed mobile/telecom connectivity for the upcoming Amarnathji Yatra 2015 and the Ministry is taking necessary steps to ensure better connectivity this year. BSNL is also working on augmentation of VSAT capacity and increase in bandwidth. BSNL will also enhance number of Base Transceiver Stations and their configuration to take care of congestion where pilgrims will be halting for night stay/en-route.
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board has identified Camps located at the Holy Cave, Panjtarni, Sheshnag and Sangam as the Camps where Satellite Phones and VASAT connecitivty is crucial for the conduct and regulation of the Yatra.
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board has also issued following Dos and Don’ts for the Yatris:
Do’s for the Yatris
1) Do carry sufficient woolen clothing as the temperature can sometimes abruptly fall to below 5 degree Celsius.
2) Do carry umbrella, wind shetter, raincoat, and waterproof shoes as the weather in the Yatra area is unpredictable.
3) Do keep your clothes and eatables in a suitable water proof bag to avoid your belongings getting wet.
4) Do keep in your pocket a note containing the name / address, mobile telephone number of any Yatri proceeding for Darshan on the same date as you are doing, for emergency purposes.
5) Do carry your identity card / driving license and Yatra Permit with you.
6) Do travel in a group along with porters / horses / ponies carrying your luggage.
7) Do ensure that all those comprising the group remain in your sight, lest you are separated from your group.
8) On your journey home, you must leave the Base Camps along with all other members of your group.
9) Do seek immediate assistance of the Police in case any member of your group is missing. Also have an announcement made on the Public Address System at the Yatra Camp.
10) Do help your fellow Yatris travelling with you and perform Yatra with a pious mind.
11) Do strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra Administration from time to time.
12) Earth, water, air, fire and sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva. Therefore do respect the environment and do nothing whatsoever to pollute the Yatra area.
Don’ts for the Yatris
1) Ladies must not wear saree while trekking during the Yatra. Salwar kameez, pant-shirt or a track suit will be more comfortable for them.
2) Ladies who are more than 6 weeks pregnant shall not be allowed to undertake the pilgrimage.
3) Children below 13 years in age and elderly persons above the age of 75 years shall not be permitted to undertake the pilgrimage.
4) Don’t stop at places which are marked by warning notices.
5) Don’t use slippers because there are steep rises and falls on the route to the Holy Cave. Only wear trekking shoes with laces.
6) Don’t attempt any short cuts on the route as doing so would be dangerous.
7) Don’t commence journey on an empty stomach (fasting). If you do so, you would be prone to attracting serious medical problems.
8) Don’t do anything during the entire Yatra which could cause pollution.
9) Don’t use polythene as its use is banned in J&K and is punishable under law.