Manish Sinha, Chandigarh : Nope ! It is China . Surprised ! just look at these facts .
China and Pakistan has a relationship which can best be categorised as what a local bully and his protégé shares . Pakistan has been emboldened by the blatant support of China in various international fora . Consider the following facts :
· Today China blocked Indias ‘s move in the UN to declare MAsood Azhar a global terrorist
· China blocked India’s move to ban Hafiz Saeed at UN
· China blocked India’s move to get the membership of NSG
· China thawarted India’s move to declare Zakiur Lakhvi a global terrorist
· It would have been impossible for a bankrupt country like Pakistan to become a nuclear power without the support of China , both monetarily as well as technologically .
· China is a mentor for most of the rogue states like Pakistan and North Korea
· China is a powerful veto power enabled international bully with its expansionist agenda having conflicts with most of its neighbouring nation like Taiwan, Japan , India etc.
· In response to India’s looking into Indus Water Treaty , China is blocking a tributary of Brahamputra to built a dam.
What is the way out ?
India’s trade deficit with China jumps to $53 billion in 2015-16 . Should we stop Chinese goods inflow in India . The answer is an emphatic yes . But in International scenario it is not that simple as both India and China are members of WTO (World Trade Organization). Once India blocks Chinese products immediately China will block Indian products. India can face retaliations from other Chinese allies too.
China imports only 0.8% of its total imports from India while India imports 12.4% of its total imports from china.
So , if blocking is not a solution than what else ?
WE, the citizens of India , must stop using goods manufactured in China voluntarily , BOYCOTT CHINESE GOODS , make in India , reduce our dependence on import . China must feel that if they want to sell in India , they have to respect our feelings . They must understand that India is more important a country than a bankrupt and failed Pakistan