30 Sep :The Ministry of Home Affairs has finalized guidelines specifically for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for the wards of Central Para-Military Forces personnel (CPMF). The guidelines will be applicable from the current year itself i.e. 2008-09. The Scheme will be executed through Welfare and Rehabilitations Board (WARB). The main features of the guidelines are as under:
• Wards and widows of CPMF personnel died in harness, wards of ex-CPMF personnel disabled while on duty, wards of ex-CPMF personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards, wards & widows of ex-CPMF/in service personnel below the officers rank will be eligible for the scholarship.
• Courses eligible for scholarships are, the first professions degree programme in engineering, medicine, dental, veterinary, MBA, MCA duly recognized by the respective regulatory bodies such as AICTE, MCI etc.
• Academic requirement is, at least 60% marks at the 10+2 level for the initial sanction. For renewal in subsequent years, 50% marks each year is mandatory.
• Duration of Scholarship is two to five years as approved by the concerned regulatory body for that programme.
• Amount of Scholarship is Rs. 1250 per month for boys, and Rs. 1500/- per month for girls.
• The scheme is open only for widows and unmarried wards of ex-CPMFs personnel/widows. However, marriage/re-marriage subsequently would not disqualify a person.
• The scholarship is admissible for two children only per family. The particulars of all children should be indicated in appropriate column.
• A person having been granted scholarship for one programme would not be entitled for scholarship for another programme.
• In case the number of applications exceeds the approved number of scholarships, the order of preference for allotment of scholarships has been specified in the Scheme.
The payment for the scholarship will be centrally made by Welfare And Rehabilitation Board, CPMFs directly, through account payee cheques, to be credited in personal account of the individual ward/the mode of electronic clearing system.
Candidates should submit their applications to the concerned force Headquarters. The guidelines and application forms are also available at website of each force.