1. Central RTE Rules notified in the Official Gazette on 8th April 2010; Model RTE Rules circulated to States
2. Report of the Committee on Implementation of RTE Act and the Resultant Revamp of SSA finalised in April 2010 (available on website: www.ssa.nic.in)
3. SSA Framework of Implementation and Norms for Intervention revised to correspond with the provisions of the RTE Act
4. Financial commitment of Rs 2.31 lakh crore over five year period from 2010-11 to 2014-15; this includes the award RS 24,068 crore of the 13th Finance Commission.5. Fund sharing pattern for implementation of RTE-SSA programme revised from the earlier pattern in the sliding scale to 65:35 ratio between the Centre and States for a five year period from 2010-11 to 2014-15.
6. Central SSA outlays for 2010-11 enhanced from Rs 15000 crore to Rs 19,838.23 crore: Rs 4000 crore provided in the 1st Supplementary Grant; Rs 838.23 crore in the final Supplementary Grant.
7. Supplementary Annual Work Plans and Budgets approved for States in October-November 2010
8. NCTE notified as academic authority for Teacher Qualifications; new Teacher Qualifications notified in August 2010 (available on website: www.education.nic.in)
a. NCTE has also notified Guidelines for conducting the Teacher Eligibility Test for teacher recruitment.
b. NCTE has prepared Model syllabi for D.Ed and B.Ed.