Time has come when we need an alternative to status quo politics and empty promises. We present our new team and deeply believe that with your wholehearted support and participation we can bring change and a new sense of academic buoyancy much needed to take our university to new frontiers. We believe in renewal that stimulates a culture where we all work together to think, create and explore. With this belief, we present before you some of the following issues which we intend to solve:• Join hands to work towards quality assurance of all courses offered in the University.
• Setting high academic standards through initiating intellectual activism.
• Commitment to promoting academic excellence.
• CAS promotions: Interviews of pending cases to be held before 31st October, 2011.
• Appointment of faculty and supporting staff.
• Centrally funded status to Panjab University with benefits of retirement age etc.
• Two advance increments for LL.M/M.Tech/M.E./M.D. etc. as per UGC Regulation 9.3.
• Budgeted pension scheme. Plus benefit up-to of five years of service for pension to teachers who have joined the University service at the age of beyond 25 years in terms of the Pension Regulations which is being denied.
• Immediate transferring of Provident Fund, already deducted from the arrears with interest into the respective PF accounts.
• Medical reimbursement for female employees to be at par with male employees.
• Implementation of two year Child Care Leave as per UGC Regulation 8.4.9 .
• More representation in PUTA Executive for Institutes located in South Campus.
• Construction of residential units in NTF, T-2 Flats & T-1 Flats.
• Immediate settlement of pending issues of arrears of certain teachers.
• Removal of Anomalies in pay fixation, 2006.
• UGC guidelines be implemented prospectively in respect of qualifications for fresh appointments.
• Issue of promotion letters for all whose appointments have been cleared by the Syndicate.
• Promotion and academic status to computer and library professionals as per UGC.
• Infrastructure up-gradation of professional institutes and new Departments by ploughing back revenues generated by them.
• Provisions of faculty rooms and air-conditioning of clinics , laboratories , library etc. in Dental Sciences.
• Department status within University Institutes like UIET.
• Regularization of all ad-hoc/contract teachers of Dental Sciences and other departments.
• Hassle free grant of various kinds of Leave including Study /Sabbatical etc.
• Developing mechanism in PUTA for helping teachers in court cases like enhancement of retirement age etc.
• Removal of grievances within a month by grievance cell.
• Computers / Laptops for each faculty member. Free of cost internet facility in residential areas.
• Minimum remuneration for evaluation of answer sheets be doubled to make it at par with neighbouring/Central Universities.
• Provision of Rs. 1 lac for attending an international conference to each faculty member for a block of three years.
• Up gradation and overhauling of the electricity infrastructure for the campus.
• Beautification and provision of self sufficient facilities including ATM in Sector-25 residential area.
• Proper maintenance of TF/NTF area. E-Sampark centre at PU Campus.
• Vibrant Staff Club. Organizing LTC / Packaged tours for the PU teachers.
We assure you that together we shall work for the future of our University which depends entirely on the quality of education and research. And to ensure this we need to build a fully conducive environment for which our efforts will hopefully come up to your expectations.
Without entering into mudslinging, having tolerance for the opposition and due respect for their views and always eager to maintain the decorum of our noble profession and dignity of the teachers, we look forward to your valuable VOTE and support.
Give us a chance to prove our worth and to make PUTA full of life.