• Change in academic calendar should be avoided at all costs. In case some changes are of emergent nature, they should be intimated in time to the faculty but in no case any change should be finalized without the consent of PUTA leadership.
• The faculty should not be asked to re-conduct the exams of re-appear students, every now and then. The limits once set should be strictly adhered to.
• The faculty should not be transferred to other departments without the consent of the statutory bodies of the concerned department.
• The authority of the Chairpersons, and the Department Committees should not be bye-passed in any case.
• It should be ensured that only those who belong to the subject concerned, be nominated to the BOS.
VC’s Response: Vice-Chancellor urged the Departments to conduct their own exams with full freedom. He assured PUTA that henceforth no teacher will be transferred from the parent department without the consent of the department or its committees. Implementation of right to service act can be considered. He asked the PUTA to come forth with a blueprint in this regard. PUTA has formed a committee. He said that last year the Syndicate constituted the nominated BOS in some subjects. PUTA has expressed its resentment, and we are very clear that in matters of pure academics, non-experts should not be members of BOS.