By-Lt Col SS Sohi, President Ex-Servicemen Grievances Cell :1. Defence matters are being handled & decided by un professionals who do not understand Def Problems nor they want to learn. This decision may not fetch required quality intake for Def Forces and even many more serving may opt for release from service for better ventures. This may be a bad luck turning point for country.
1. We work for 24 Hours x 7 days for 281 days yearly & not to be compared with Civil employees who work only for 8×5 days for 165 days Yrly, that too in peaceful conditions.
2. Def employees face very high Life risks, under very odd & tense conditions, in tough areas and face long family separations. 12% Faujis do not come back home one piece and get meager compensation of casualties. No resettlement on early forced retirement of a trained manpower & is a gross neglect by Govt.
3. 25- 30% increase after 10 yrs do not catch up with inflation rates. Govt holding on to our money for 2 yrs & 8 months and will keep holding on for next 2 yrs too. No interim relief was provided since 1/1/06.
4. Soldier’s must get double pay (& Pensions) than civil counter parts & not Min pay 7000 & 10,000/- which is less than Civil employees.
5. We should get Defence Separate Pay Commission of Def employees & babus should not decide out fate.
6. 6th CPC decision may be ok for civil employees, but MSP & Def Promotion Policy be decided only by Def Pay Commission or by Force’s Chiefs and certainly not by un professionals.
"It is a cruel joke with saviors of National integrity and soverniety. We will show Ex-Servicemen voting effect in next elections, now" Cpl JS Kumbrah President ESM Org (PBORs) mob 9417250916 & 2230916.