Srinagar, Nov 11: A soldier died after he was electrocuted in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, sources said on Monday.
Official sources told that a trooper, Megnath Mehulgiri, 22, of 874 AT regiment received electric shock after he came in contact with a live wire while on duty in Tangdhar.
Megnath was immediately rushed to nearby hospital in critical condition.
However, the doctors declared him brought dead, sources said.
He said police after completing formalities handed over his body to his concerned army unit.
Police have registered a case under section 174 CrPC in this regard.