6 Oct : Every once in a while one comes across events which emphasise what need to pay more attention to. Specially abled children or differently abled children is one such component of the society which deserves more. At the World Habitat Day celebrations in the capital today, such children showed what they are capable of given the right support .
In the painting competition organized by BMTPC for Autistic, Mentally challenged, Visually impaired and Hearing impaired children the entrees showed how well these children understand art and how developed their artistic skills are. The prize winning paintings on display at the event were remarkable in content, idea and range of drawing skills. Done on the theme of Harmonious cities, the paintings displayed an amazing amount of understanding by the children on the issue of what cities should be like. The prize winners of the painting competition in various categories are as follows:-
BMTPC – Painting Competition in various categories
· First Prize to Ms. Minal Pathania of Tamanna Special School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
· Second Prize to Jitin of Tamanna Special School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
Mentally Challenged – 6 to 9 years
· First Prize to Monu of SABAL School , Chattarpur Extn. New Delhi
· Second Prize to Puranjan Chauhan of Anchal Special School, Jhilmil Industrial Area, Delhi.
Mentally Challenged – 10 years and above.
§ First Prize to Pawan of the Handicapped Children’s Parents Association (Sneh Kunj), Dwarka, New Delhi.
§ Second Prize to Ankita Dhingra of Four Steps, Kailash Colony, New Delhi
§ Third Prize to Prateek Tandon of Anchal School for Mentally handicapped, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
§ First Prize to Mohit Yadav of A.I.C.B. Capt. Chandan Lal Special School for the Blind, Fazilpur, Gurgaon.
§ Second Prize to Akshay Verma of A.I.C.B. Capt. Chandan Lal Special School for the Blind, Fazilpur, Gurgaon.
§ Third Prize to Nitish Kumar of A.I.C.B. Capt. Chandan Lal Special School for the Blind, Fazilpur, Gurgaon.
* First Prize to Alka from Premalabai Chavan School for Deaf, Karkari Mode, New Delhi.
* Second prize to Prashant Gupta of Premalabai Chavan School for Deaf, Karkari Mode, New Delhi.
The joy on the faces of the children as they received their prizes was a sight to behold. Perhaps more than anything such children require sensitivity, a positive approach and opportunities.