Eklavya in Final Qualifying
Chandigarh: Wild Card Entry, CLTA trainee, Eklavya Singh upset 7 th seed Dhruv Pal in a marathon battle to move into Final Qualifying round. Eklavya played some aggressive ground strokes to dominate 1st set winning 6-2 and took a 2-0 lead in the 2nd set. After this Dhruv Pal won next 4 games to lead 4-2 in the 2nd set. Then he maintained his lead and finished the set at 6-4.
Eklavya once again took a 2-0 lead in the 3rd set but Dhruv once again used some variation to level the set 2-2. Then Eklavya broke Dhruv serve and had 4-2 lead. After this Dhruv made it 4-4.
In the 10th game Eklavya had 2 match points on Dhruv’s serve when Dhruv was serving 15-40. Eklavya made some errors in both the match points. Eklavya had once again missed out two more match points in that game but Dhruv saved all 4 match points. Both the players held their serve till 6-6.
In tie breaker Dhruv got an early mini break to lead 3-1. But Eklavya leveled it by taking next 3 points and had 3 match points. Dhruv leveled it by saving all 3 match points. Eklavya closed the match in 9th match point by winning tie breaker at 9-7.
In another interesting 1st round match, Shrey Gupta came from behind to win the match against Nihit Rawal. Nihit took the 1st set 6-4 and was leading 4-3 and serving but Shrey Gupta rallied to take that set at 7-5 and the 3rd set at 6-2. Ankush Arora upset 8th seed Sharobiddin Abzalov 6-4, 6-1 and moved into final qualifying round.
However top seed Lee Ho Jun beat Lavish Nehra 6-3, 6-3. He will be playing 6th seed Sanil Jagtiani in final qualifying round.
In the Girls 7th seed Nupur Umashankar defeated Harsimran Kaur in a marathon match where Harsimran had 3 match points in the 2nd set but she lost final set tie breaker. This match lasted over 3 hours. Nandini Sharma and Nikita Bishnoi moved to final rounds in straight sets and they will be playing in the final qualifying round against each other.
3rd seed Raman Angella defeated Anushka Dar 2-6, 7-6, 6-0. 6th seed Liang En Shou beat Sranya Nagpal7-6, 6-1. Sach Belwal after losing 1st set 5-7 against Priyam Kumari won next 2 sets without conceding a game. Sachil will be playing Eeshita Pande in the Final Qualifying round who defeated Seerat Sidhu 6-2, 6-2.
Final Qualifying rounds will be held at CLTA from 10:00 a.m. onwards.
Other results are as below:-
Boys 1st Round
1. Shrey Gupta bt. Nihit Rawal 4-6, 7-5, 6-2
2. Rana Roop Singh Bhullar bt. Satishchandra Bindinganavile 7-5, 6-2
3. Bang Shou Yin bt. Elan Elangovan 6-3, 6-4
Boys 2nd Round
1. Lee Ho Jun bt. Lavish Nehra 6-3, 6-3
2. Sanil Jatiani bt. Mahendru Tanishq 7-6 (5). 6-1
3. Eklavya Singh bt. Dhruv Pal 6-2, 4-6, 7-6(7)
4. Dylan Alec Foo Kune bt. Rana Roop Singh Bhullar 2-6, 6-4, 6-4
5. D. Vishavkarma bt. Saitejas Mopuri 6-1, 6-7, 6-3
6. Sahil Gaware bt. Bang Shuo Yin 6-1, 2-6, 6-3
7. Ankush Arora bt. Sharobiddin Abzalo 6-4, 6-1
One match in progress.
Girls 2nd Round
1. Nupur Umashankar bt. Harsimran Kaur 5-7, 7-5, 7-6(3)
2. Nandini Sharma bt. Anusha Kondaveeti 6-2 6-3
3. Nikita Bishnoi bt. Ayushi Dhar 6-2, 6-0
4. Angella Raman bt. Anusha Dhar 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-0
5. En Shuo Liang bt. Saranya Nagpal 7-6(6), 6-1
6. Sachi Belwal bt Priyam Kumari 5-7, 6-0, 6-0
7. Eeshita Pande tb. Seerat Sidhu 6-2, 6-2